Thread: Mat-Su Flight Tour

Default Mat-Su Flight Tour

Wanting to get a tour for 2 people out of Wasilla or Palmer (this general area) August 19-21st. Around $100 per person, per hour or $50 per person per 1/2 hour please.

Default hard pressed

I think that you are going to be hard pressed to find someone at those prices. Have you check around? I think that most are running 500 per hour per person.

Default try a flight school

You could call around the local flight schools and find a Cessna 172 and rent it W/ instructor and fill the seats up. An hour of instruction would be under two hunderd and you would get to fly!

Quote Originally Posted by tboehm View Post
    I think that you are going to be hard pressed to find someone at those prices. Have you check around? I think that most are running 500 per hour per person.
    Were did you see turbine Otter? algonquin is right-flight schools are about $160 hour duel for a 172. Three or one passenger,the rate per hour is the same.

Default Flight school

I know that is way different and can see where that might be the best option. I was refering to chater services and what they charge.

Give Artic Air Academy a call, 746-2290.
    They'll be busy with the Swap Meet and fly-in this next weekend (August 1st) but stop in at the Forestry Hangar and talk to them about it. That said, there's going to be a lot of static displays and seminars and you can "fly" the Cub simulator that the Medallion Foundation has there. And that's all free!

Quote Originally Posted by APEX View Post
    Give Artic Air Academy a call, 746-2290.
    They'll be busy with the Swap Meet and fly-in this next weekend (August 1st) but stop in at the Forestry Hangar and talk to them about it. That said, there's going to be a lot of static displays and seminars and you can "fly" the Cub simulator that the Medallion Foundation has there. And that's all free!
    Where is this?

Saturday, 9 am at Palmer. Look for the Herc and C 17 as well as the Museum's aircraft at the north end of the field. There's a number of statics.
    If you have stuff to sell or an aircaft to sell, bring it in and display it.
    The 99's are doing a short field clinic, Medallion Foundation will have several simulators. And there are a number of speakers doing seminars throughout the day. Field evaluation, search & rescue, weather, engines, etc.
    With the exception of the swap meet's $25 donation, everything is free, even vehicle or aircraft parking.
    flyartic@gmail.com