Thread: cheap PWS halibut charters

Default cheap PWS halibut charters

My buddie and I need to find an all day halibut charter for around $250 per person. Either out of Valdez(preferable), Seward or Whittier. Around August 17th - 22nd. Thanks.

Default Orion - Valdez

They may be spendier than you wanted, but I recommend Orion Charters out of Valdez. If you want Seward, check Pro-Fish-n-Sea and/or Crackerjack. Don't know prices, but Pro-Fish is awesome, and I would absolutely recommend Crackerjack too.

Try Millers Landing in Seward. They will give a better combo price than others

Valdez http://www.alaskan-adventures-unlimited.com/ tried booking with Orion last year & they were full. They suggested I run with Mel on the Halibut Grove. Glad they did! Was in town for work and had a "free day".

Whittier: www.alaskan4starcharters.com Have fished with Captain Jody Mason on the AK4STAR for the past 4 or 5 years exclusively (except for the 1 day with Mel in Valdez) Jody is extremely knowledgeable and entertaining too boot!

Can't say enough good about either boat or captain. You won't go wrong with either of them. Will say that I haven't fished outside of PWS in 5 or 6 years...

tried Seward, Deep Creek & Homer before landing in Whittier/PWS. Seward for silvers is cool, but other than that it's not for me. Deep Creek & Homer are just too far for how little time off I get.