Thread: LoadData Website worth the money?

Default LoadData Website worth the money?

Just came across the LoadData website while I was looking for recipes. It looks like they charge $30.00 a year for a subscription and it looks like it might be worth it although, since I am brand spankin new to reloading, they could be showing me rocks for gold and I wouldn't know the difference. Anyone have an opinion on this site as to whether or not it's worth $30.00?

I have used loadata before and it is a massive collection of reloading data. I like to compare data and print what I need.

As a new reloading I wouldn't pay for the subcription.

Don't know about that one but there are many good free ones.
    Here are some of the ones I use from time to time.

http://www.hodgdon.com/
    http://www.handloads.org/loaddata/default.asp?
    http://www.norma.cc/sortimentladd.asp?doc=Sort&Lang=2

I use these two most.
    http://www.loadswap.com/
    http://reloadbench.com/

Pet loads from other members here is also a good source of data. As always start low and work up to stay safe.
    If you pay the bucks burn all you can to a CD as you go.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Thanks for the info and the sites. I think I will pass on the loaddata deal.

You are very welcome.

It just dawned on me that what we need now is a searchable database of all these free reloading databases.
    Could be the next Google!
    Too bad I'm a gun geek and not a computer geek.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

It's worth the $ to me, I have found data on bullet/powder combo's that I have not found at the free sits.

If you are just loading for a .40S&W and a .30-06, then don't waste your money. If you need data on a .38 S&W 164gr , or a 6.5mm carcano then it may save yourself some headaches.

It is just another tool, some are cheap, some are not.

Scott
    He who tries to tread on me
    will find himself in misery
    and this I promise faithfully
    upon my fathers name

Quote Originally Posted by Scott in AK View Post
    It's worth the $ to me, I have found data on bullet/powder combo's that I have not found at the free sits.

If you are just loading for a .40S&W and a .30-06, then don't waste your money. If you need data on a .38 S&W 164gr , or a 6.5mm carcano then it may save yourself some headaches.

It is just another tool, some are cheap, some are not.

Scott
    Like you say just a matter of what youíre looking for. I don't think the price is unreasonable at all depending on what a guy wants and whatís there to use. I have paid more than that for paper reloading books many times then do it again when the next addition comes out.

I do think members of this forum are one of the best places to find data on odd-ball rounds of anyplace a guy could find. Itís amazing what our members are or have loaded for.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

I really didn't think that $30.00 was unreasonable either. Infact, there did seem to be a lot of loads on the site for calibers I never even heard of so I guess it would be a good site for guys that load odd calibers and such. One caliber I never heard of was the 6.71 (264) Phantom. I have a 264 Win Mag (Which I love for long range shooting and I hope I get to use it on sheep up here someday) but I never heard of a Phantom..

It may very well be worth every penny. What irritates the total living crap outta me (to no end) is to buy a reloading manual, then at home thumbing through it find out there is basically no bullet data for anything except the companies own bullets...all others are excluded. What do they expect us to do, go out and buy a manual for every single brand of bullet we use? That could easily run up a tab well over a hundred dollars...

Besides that, the subscription price is about what you'd pay for a single new reloading manual anyway, so I'd just go ahead and do it...I don't see how one could lose...

Marshall/Ak