Thread: Where are the cleaning and filleting tables?

Default Where are the cleaning and filleting tables?

I'm heading down to the Kenai for dipping on Tues. and wed. Last year we cleaned fish at the cannery just down stream from the city boat ramp. Is he still setting out tables and letting people use them? Where else are cleaning tables between Kenai and Soldotna that are available to the public?

he is still there and renting out cleaning tables.

I saw a bunch of people cleaning "tail clipped" fish at the Centennial campground boat launch area. They may have been launching from there or just paid the day use fee to clean fish.

On a side note, some were stacking the carcasses right on shore. I saw a group of guys throwing them right at the feet of the fishermen. I guess they were too feeble to get it out into the current. When one guy called them out they told him to go somewhere else and fish. He remained pretty calm seeing as how he was there first; however, he should have followed their advice because the fishing was not that good in the whole boat launch area.

I was there cleaning fish last saturday around 6-7ish... We camped there, so we cleaned there Im not really a fan of their cleaning table, but it works.

I couldn't believe how many carcasses were stacked up on shore. I was timing the people fishing and whipping them out there a bit. There were some small children walking around in the water without shoes while their parents were nowhere in sight...it sure didn't seem that safe to me

Nobody gave us a hard time, so we must have not made too many folks angry