Thread: DM 772 access questions

Default DM 772 access questions

Besides flying in, what options do I have? Is there a trail from the Tanana up the Little Delta? Does anyone know what the populations are like in the lower levels? not all the way in by Trident glacier? I have a Phantom and 4 wheelers. What are my options to get there? Any input would be great.

Thanks, Jdub

Default Access

Other than take a jet boat way up the Little Delta I know of no other way of getting there, except by plane. I went thru all this last year.

Hey jdub i'm taking a flat bottom up the little delta, I drew a tag also. I am going to try and do a couple of scouting trips in the next few weeks.

Default Flat boat on the Little Delta

I am not convinced that you are going to be able to get a boat up the Little Delta. I was there, one time, about 10 years ago and where the Little Delta comes into the tanana, it was sort of steep(from the aspect of driving a boat up it) and divided into a bunch of rivelets. You can certainly take a boat up Delta Creek, but at that time did not see any fresh moose sign up there.

If you can get a boat up Little Delta, I certainly would like to know. As soon as I get my boat back I will be doing some exploring also.

Jdub

Quote Originally Posted by TX Alaskan View Post
    Hey jdub i'm taking a flat bottom up the little delta, I drew a tag also. I am going to try and do a couple of scouting trips in the next few weeks.
    I'm sure you've already thought of this, but just because you can get up there and scout now, you may not be able to come moose season.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Default Call a Pro

I'd call Golden Eagle outfitters in Delta. Jim can give you information about the area and even fly you in. 907 895-4139.