Thread: 07/17/2009 Kasilof/Kenai Emergency Order!

Default 07/17/2009 Kasilof/Kenai Emergency Order!

Drifter, don't have a heart-attack on us....please don't! Just sit down, take a chill pill and have a cool sip of iced tea:

http://www.sf.adfg.state.ak.us/state...2-Southcentral

2-RS-1-23-09 07/17/09 Kenai: Due to a strong return of sockeye salmon into the Kasilof River, an emergency order has been issued to increase the sockeye salmon daily sport fishing bag and possession limits to six (6) per day, twelve (12) in possession, effective 12:01 a.m., Saturday, July 18.

May we get one for the Kenai/Russian confluence too....(before Sunday, that is!)

Quote Originally Posted by Crab_n_fish View Post
    May we get one for the Kenai/Russian confluence too....(before Sunday, that is!)
    Not to rain on your parade, but that seems unlikely. The Kasilof is already close to the upper limit of the escapement goal, while the Kenai is just getting started and isn't even close to the lower limit yet.

Thank you for the reply, Brian. After all this planning and putting off my Kenai trip due to waiting for more favorable fish counts, I set the trip in stone: Sunday-Monday! I can only wish for an increased bag/possession limit. I figured it probably wouldn't happen so soon; and when it does it won't be until the lower range of escapement numbers have passed through. A man can dream though, right?