Thread: blind range test sat morning

Default blind range test sat morning

my brother and i going to the range sat morning to do a blind test of the 44.mag ammo that i picked to see if fires in the 44 mag revolver that i have..

for i have some diff brands and would like to know what problem are there going to be with any brand of ammo. for i am going to carry something in the back county that i have to stake my life on i want it work right the first time...

for i have a couple of boxs of bb brand ammo in the mix and going to see they have problems with there primer

we pull 12 rounds from each box and put them into a ziplock plastic bag to mix them up and just hand feed them in the cylinder to shoot them in diff loading set up in the revolver..

on a side note to this my big brother has picked up a S&W.model 329pd 44 mag revolver for his wife and she does not like it but wants to trade for my s&w mountain revolverin the same cal .

no money just a swap of guns and speedloaders that i picked up..i did say i would throw some money in the pot but she said trade saight across the board for it ..for i know how much i paid for my revolver at the gun store in my little home town and it was way under what he paid for the 329pd model

he had some work done it by tkcustom for they machinced the cylinder to take moon clips and a gunsmith did a trigger job on it .

she like the wieght and feel of the my revolver over over the 329 model..she says that the wieght helps soak up some of the recoil of the round and she likes the grips on my revolver..she has fired the 329 and did not like the recoil of the weapon ..she going with us in the morning to test fire it ..

for i like the wieght of the new model 329 over my revolver..so now i have to find a set of rubber fringer groves grip set for the 329 before i leave..and have a gunsmith order a set of the new d&l sports fixed heavy duty sight system and it installed

went to the range this morning and we spent it going though the ammo and test fireing it in the revolver pick a round out of the bag and load into the cylinder ..
    no misfires at all with the ammo..
    on the last 12 rounds of mixed up 44 mag ammo .. we did fast as i can fire typle shooting with a couple of cylinders full..
    let say that was a trip with the lightwieght revolver..
    but that what i want for backpacking trips

Default Well it sounds like you

did purdy good being blind and all...did you hit anything...? Good luck

i kept in the chest area and that all i want to do with the ammo..
    i did do a couple of rapid fire double taps drills with the revovler ,,
    my hand was still a little sore the next day for i had the wood grips on the 329 and it does not soak up the recoil like the thick rubber grips that i have on the other model

Hey henry,
    I carry the 329PD any time I'm in the backcountry here in AK. I love it. Use a Guide's choice holster from Dave Johnston Leather. I ordered a set of the grips that S&W puts on their 500 revolver directly from S&W. They fit the 329PD perfectly and really do alot to minimize the recoil. Alot more than any other grips I've used on it (3 others). I carry the hard cast buffalo bore "keithed" rounds that BB makes for the airweight revolvers. Have never had a problem with them in lots of range time.

S&W grips
    http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/w...46303&training=

Guide's Choice Holster
    http://www.davidjohnstonleather.com/...desChoice.html
    Last edited by AKF; 07-30-2009 at 01:48. Reason: Fix Link

i went got a set of the bigger rubber grips that come on the sw m500 model and they do make a big difference in the way the pistol handles when being fired..

and i working up some hand loaders at my big brother house for the 44 mag round ,.for that want they carryed up there..

iam ordering the holster here in a couple of weeks before i leave so i will have when i get up there..

Quote Originally Posted by henry2 View Post
    my brother and i going to the range sat morning to do a blind test of the 44.mag ammo that i picked to see if fires in the 44 mag revolver that i have..

For i have some diff brands and would like to know what problem are there going to be with any brand of ammo. For i am going to carry something in the back county that i have to stake my life on i want it work right the first time...

For i have a couple of boxs of bb brand ammo in the mix and going to see they have problems with there primer

we pull 12 rounds from each box and put them into a ziplock plastic bag to mix them up and just hand feed them in the cylinder to shoot them in diff loading set up in the revolver..

On a side note to this my big brother has picked up a s&w.model 329pd 44 mag revolver for his wife and she does not like it but wants to trade for my s&w mountain revolverin the same cal .

No money just a swap of guns and speedloaders that i picked up..i did say i would throw some money in the pot but she said trade saight across the board for it ..for i know how much i paid for my revolver at the gun store in my little home town and it was way under what he paid for the 329pd model

he had some work done it by tkcustom for they machinced the cylinder to take moon clips and a gunsmith did a trigger job on it .

She like the wieght and feel of the my revolver over over the 329 model..she says that the wieght helps soak up some of the recoil of the round and she likes the grips on my revolver..she has fired the 329 and did not like the recoil of the weapon ..she going with us in the morning to test fire it ..

For i like the wieght of the new model 329 over my revolver..so now i have to find a set of rubber fringer groves grip set for the 329 before i leave..and have a gunsmith order a set of the new d&l sports fixed heavy duty sight system and it installed

getter done!!!!
    Semper Fi!