Thread: Pinks what to use

Default Pinks what to use

My wife has company from the lower 48 we are going to the deshka for the weekend I know its early for silver but the pinks are at the willow so they should be at the deshka. Normaly I just fish for silvers the company just wants to get a salmon I know pixes work for pinks what else is good to catch them with

Default any thing

If you arein good numbers you could throw a buick in the river and 40-50 pinks would climb in and role the windows down crack it up and drive it out.

Any spinner or spoon works. I like a plug like a hotshot or wigglewort. Pink red bright orange have all worked will for me. The only trick is to put the lure where the fish are. You have to be near the bottom.

I firmly believe that pinks suffer from little salmon syndrome. They are small so they make up for it, not by buying flashy sports cars or being the loudest guy in the bar, but by bighting anything and everything that gets in front of them.

Good luck and tight lines!

Thanks for the info we should hook up and go fishing I live in Wasilla also

Quote Originally Posted by borderblue1 View Post
    If you arein good numbers you could throw a buick in the river and 40-50 pinks would climb in and role the windows down crack it up and drive it out.

Any spinner or spoon works. I like a plug like a hotshot or wigglewort. Pink red bright orange have all worked will for me. The only trick is to put the lure where the fish are. You have to be near the bottom.

I firmly believe that pinks suffer from little salmon syndrome. They are small so they make up for it, not by buying flashy sports cars or being the loudest guy in the bar, but by bighting anything and everything that gets in front of them.

Good luck and tight lines!

Pink jig either run normally or under a float works well too.

Default anytime

I am on the water every weekend and a night or two during the week. I will be hitting the willow an evening or two during the week of 27th-30th. I am out of the are next week. If your interested I alway have room for another on my raft.

Ill be out until Sunday but that sounds good I have a SJX that we could also go in.

Blue Fox Pixies, you'll catch them all day long with that....

Fish On!
    You know your not catching any fish when you start talking about the weather...

http://www.alaskansalmonslayers.com/