Thread: placement of fuel tank

Default placement of fuel tank

got a 16ft jon, has 60/40 jet with a 12 gal fuel tank, looking at moving the tank towards front of the boat, any I need to do besides longer fuel line, what about placement of bulb. Thanks Steve

Default tank placement

I've been running a 12' line to the bow and have 2, 6 gallon tanks placed there. Bulb near tank (1st 2ft). No problems so far. Just zip tied line to ribs to keep out of the way. For my set-up, 16' Jon/50hp tiller and me in the stern I find the ride better with weight distributed forward.

Quote Originally Posted by summitx View Post
    got a 16ft jon, has 60/40 jet with a 12 gal fuel tank, looking at moving the tank towards front of the boat, any I need to do besides longer fuel line, what about placement of bulb. Thanks Steve
    I used to have the same set up. I liked to be able to move my tank. I would set it in the center when runing alone or to the opisite side of a passanger ect....

My boat was a center console. I always had the tank foward of the front bench. So my advice is to leave enough extra fuel line to move it from side to side in the front 1/3 of the boat. I dont think bulb placement makes a difference. My bulb was about 2 foot from the motor. I thought about moveing it so I could reach it from the helm but never used it much anyway.
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

www.arcticconcealment.com

thanks, next on the list is to get some fuel line

Did the same as mentioned before, no issues. I even look at it as extra gas cause of the long fuel line.