Thread: Info on the Yanert River GMU 20A/DM774

Default Info on the Yanert River GMU 20A/DM774

I drew "any bull Moose" in DM774 and was hoping to float the Yanert River drainage. It flows into the Nenana near McKinley Park. Anyone float this river? Access? Class of rapids or portages, etc... all and any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

"Bueller...Bueller"

The Yanert River to float would be only accessible to put in via airplane drop off. However the last 5 miles prior to dumping into the Nenana is in a canyon with Class IV rapids in places that would nearly impossible to portage with a moose in a raft. An airplane drop off or horses is generally the best way to hunt this permit. Hope this helps and good luck on your hunt.

Default Yanert Walk In

I've hunted it several times from foot. Drop me a line and I can give you some details.

AK Steve- Checking with you too see if you can give me some details on DM774? I drew this tag this fall looking for suggestions....
    Thanks
    Jake

I drew the same tag this year. Can you please provide me any info to help me out and keep me out of trouble?

I was in the Yanert in Sept 2015, towards end of Moose season. My group went in on horses; probably went about 7 miles in. Could see the Yanert and it looked fast. We rode by some guys that were on foot, but it was awfully muddy and swampy back there.