Thread: Valdez Charter/Cabin Recomendation?

Smile Valdez Charter/Cabin Recomendation?

A good budy of mine and I are going to take our daughters (8yrs old) down to Valdez to catch some silvers in Aug before they go back to school. We do daddy/daughter days about every six months and this is our semi-annual trip for the summer.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a 1/2 day or maybe a full day if not to spendy silver charter? Also, we would like to get a cabin for 2 nights. We have nothing against roughing it, but if you have ever had 2 young girls who are not morning people by any means get up in a chilly tent, you know why I am looking to get a cabin.

Thanks in advance!
    When all else fails...ask your old-man.

AKArcher

Default call easy freeze

Google EASY FREEZE in Valdez. They can set you up on a charter and their service is free. I googled and looked at all the charters. Lady Luck was the cheapest. Can't help you on a cabin, but there is a Best Western and another hotel called the TOTEM that should work for you.

Not sure about cabins either, but Best Western in Valdez is fairly nice for it being in a small town. I've stayed there a few times. Pretty nice restaurant attached to it as well.

For the best fried halibut EVER, eat at the Halibut House. I'll be in Valdez in about a month to fish, and I'm almost looking forward to eating there as much as fishing.

Default Cabin

I leave my boat there all summer and spend as much time as I can down there every summer. The Eagles Rest RV park has cabins for rent, they are on the right as you come into valdez. Also you get free showers in the tesoro next to it if you stay there. I have never rented a cabin so I don't know how they look inside or how many they sleep. The best breakfast in town is by far at the Totem inn restaurant. I have a friend that charters and he will do you right, fearknotcharters.com. That is if he's not full allready. Hope this helps.
    Bob

Become one with Nature......... Then Marinade it.

Default Salmon Charters

I think the Eagles Rest is $150 per day sleeps 4. Fish Central for Charters and fish processing. They charge $1.40 per pound and $1.26 a pound if you take a charter. Easy Freeze charges$1.50 a pound. Totem is OK for breakfast. Ernesto's has good Mexican food. Fish Central has rental boats for $300 a day.

Default Fish Central phones out of order

Quote Originally Posted by captaindd View Post
    I think the Eagles Rest is $150 per day sleeps 4. Fish Central for Charters and fish processing. They charge $1.40 per pound and $1.26 a pound if you take a charter. Easy Freeze charges$1.50 a pound. Totem is OK for breakfast. Ernesto's has good Mexican food. Fish Central has rental boats for $300 a day.

I tried Fish central phone numbers and got a "they are disconnected" recording. The numbers were off their web site. That's how I ended up at Easy Freeze for my charters. Maybe I picked a bad day to call but both the main number and fax number wwere disconnected per the recording.