Thread: Some recent...and some older...enjoy!

Default Some recent...and some older...enjoy!

I thought I would share a some pictures that make me chuckle. My wife always seems to cringe when we get around any waterfalls or running water... as I seem to have an obsession with them. The first image is from our recent road trip to Juneau. I just love capturing the beauty of moving water.

Now I guess I should introduce myself - as I really haven't done that... visually yet.

This image and a few to follow are from this past February (and yes.. I am a convert from an old Canon D60 to Nikon D80). As my user-name says... I am kinda into weather - and the NOAA Hurricane Hunters were up here in Anchorage this winter for some research - and I was privileged enough to get on a flight with them that flew out to St. Paul and then down to Adak before returning to Anchorage. While not flying in a hurricane (just one of the infamous Bering Sea winter storms) it was a life long dream that is now fulfilled.

Sunset over the Bering somewhere

Cockpit shot somewhere over Dillingham. While this isn't the usual imagery seen here... I thought this would be an interesting thing to add

If interested - the plane was 'Miss Piggy' - a converted Navy P-3 workhorse.

Now there is something you don't see everyday. Thanks for sharing that with us. Very interesting.
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

Unit 13

more pics please /.. that is an incredible aircraft.

If you cant stand behind the troops in Iraq.. Feel free to stand in front of them.

A few more

Parked outside the FAA Building at Anc Int. They were having engine issues (canceled the previous day flight due to it) but got the fix before this flight.

A little icing we encountered. We had a flight level of anywhere from 1000 to 5000 feet (Depending on the meteorological instruments used)

I really like their logo!

Final shot of them pulling into the hangar. What can't be seen in these image is the amount of ice on the front of the plane/propellers and outer forward facing elements of the aircraft. This plane is a beast.

Wasilla--Cantwell Transplant

Very the fuzzy dice!

The first water shot is incredible, BTW...

Kodiak, now palmer alaska

Thumbs up

Nice pictures sam

Quote Originally Posted by letshunt View Post
    Nice pictures sam
    Thanks Dave - more pictures in the future. I found out that work is sending me to King Salmon and then Dillingham in August. Was hoping to get out to Katmai - but not sure it will work out. Either way - a journey west!