Thread: Unit 16A Grizz

Default Unit 16A Grizz

So I have been stationed here in AK for just over two years and finally have some spare time on my hands to fill a life long dream of taking a Grizz. I hunted Unit 11 off the McCarthy Road area in the spring with no luck but had one hell of a great time. I am know planning to hunt 16A from 10-23 Aug in the petersville area. Who knows what the Army has in store for me from now till next spring. So I would love to fill this dream while I have the opportunity. I am looking for any suggestions or tips. My hunt will be solo on foot, though I will have ATV access to move around if I deem nescessary. Not looking for your secret spot just some guidance. Will be heading out to petersville area this weekend to start scouting for a base camp location.

At that time they will still be on the fish in the creeks. That's where you are going to find them.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Thanks AKdoug. I am planning on putting in the miles on foot everyday while out there. I may also put up a tree stand or find a good vantage point for some calling.