Thread: Hip waders

Default Hip waders

What brand of hip waders do you use and why? I am looking for a pair of hip boots that will be comfortable to hike in and fit a tall guy. I am 6'-5" and size 13. I would hate to buy a pair and find that they are bad about chafing or are no good for hiking.

I already have 2 pairs of chest waders, 1 pair of waist high waders, and a pair of knee high boots.
    It ain't about the # of pounds of meat we bring back, nor about how much we spent to go do it. Its about seeing what no one else sees.

http://wouldieatitagainfoodblog.blogspot.com/

I tried on some at Cabelas a few months back. VERY comfortable. I will likely buy these myself. Not cheap, but very nice from what I saw. One thought, as with all boot foot waders, consider adding some high quality gel insoles. Outdoor stores sell them near the hiking boots. I did this a few years ago and it really makes them fit better. For me anyway. I am 6'6" and wear size 15, so I feel your pain. It is hard to find things that fit properly. The below hip boots were plenty high on me. This would be a great pair for cooler temps/water.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...set=ISO-8859-1
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

Lacrosse fitted foot waders...great for walking distances while moose hunting.

Lacrosse Hip boots have worked great for me.

Bought a pair of Alaskan P-501 hip waders at Wally World yesterday. At six foot one with size 32" pant length legs, I found 'em just right when using a belt to secure them. If you are longer legged these would probably not fit.

Oh, foot-size 12.

LaCrosse Big Chiefs work great and the ankle support is huge plus. I wouldn't try walking across tundra without them.

There isn't a pair of LaCrosse hip boots in my size for sale in Fairbanks. I heard they were out of production. But starting back up. Big Rays is suppose to call me when they get them in. Any one else heard that story? Do you have them on the shelf in Anchorage?
    Tim

Thanks for the info, it looks like finding a pair of lacross that fit well is the way to go. I don't expect to be in a Cabellas store any time soon, so I will have to live without the ones you posted Dan, I got to try them on. Thanks all.
    It ain't about the # of pounds of meat we bring back, nor about how much we spent to go do it. Its about seeing what no one else sees.

http://wouldieatitagainfoodblog.blogspot.com/