Thread: Jumping Salmon Lodge

Default Jumping Salmon Lodge

I just noticed that they are a sponsor of the fishing site, so I thought I would take the time to write up my impression of them. I met John and Doreen a few years ago in Anchorage when they purchased our old house. We started talking about boats and fishing and they told me about their lodge. They told us to stop by sometime if we were in the area, which we never did since it was at the extent of the range of my old boat. We were fishing south of Knight Island a few weeks ago and I noticed that we were close, so I decided to take them up on the offer and pop in unannounced.

We happened to catch them between guests, so we got a full tour of their lodge. I was really impressed with the place they have built there. The fact that it was a sunny day and they have a huge south facing deck made it even that much nicer. John showed me through all of his systems to be able to live comfortably there off the grid, from solar and battery banks to catching rain water. They catch plenty of fish close to their lodge, so it is a great place to go to get some salmon and halibut without a long trip from the lodge. If you have guests coming or personally want to experience the remote Alaska experience in PWS comfortably, I think this is the place to go.

I would not normally blatantly plug a business like this, but I figure it is appropriate here since they sponsor this forum as well.

Here is their website:

Last edited by jrogers; 07-15-2009 at 16:44. Reason: added url
    2009 Seawolf 31'
    Fully Loaded