Thread: Highway Construction?

Default Highway Construction?

I'll be heading to the Peninsula next week, with a morning silver trip for starters. Are they still doing work on the highway area around summit lakes or elsewhere? Need to know if I should put in a 30 minute buffer for the drive.
    Last edited by Daveinthebush; 07-15-2009 at 19:49.
    "The Gods do not subtract from the allotted span of men's lives the hours spent in fishing" Assyrian Tablet 2000 B.C.

Kotzebue, Alaska

You can probably find out here:

Fish On!
    You know your not catching any fish when you start talking about the weather...

soon to be back in Alaska

They will probably be there all summer at summit Lakes. If you are going south of Kasilof there is a bridge that is down to 1 lane. I have not been there durring the week but neither have been a big delay. 30 min should be a good buffer.
    It ain't about the # of pounds of meat we bring back, nor about how much we spent to go do it. Its about seeing what no one else sees.

I went through the last two nights, and there was a delay but not too bad, maybe 20 minutes on the way down and 15 minutes on the way back, but I am sure this will vary. There were two separate areas where they ran one way traffice with a pilot car. We hit it perfect on the way back and this would be the bare minimum delay. I could see it taking 1/2 hour or more. We went through in the evening around 9pm and 10pm.

2009 Seawolf 31'
    Fully Loaded

Thanks, everyone. And thanks for that link, Bigcox, that's very specific and very cool...all except the part that says "Comment: Expect 1-hour minimum DELAYS" between mileposts 43 and 50. That makes me think I may head down the night before. Nothing like fretting while stopped at road construction wondering if you're going to make the charter on time!
    "The Gods do not subtract from the allotted span of men's lives the hours spent in fishing" Assyrian Tablet 2000 B.C.

yesterday i had about a 45 minute delay on the way down, the worst yet in my 5 trips down in the last few weeks. the way back there was no delay at all, guess they had the day off