Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jim Creek 2009

Default Jim Creek 2009

Anybody been out to Jim Creek? Any Salmon there yet?

Default nope

I was out yesterday. No fish yet. Too flooded.

Default Jim creek

I too was out there yesterday no fish but alot of water

I havent been out there yet but a friend of mine went saturday and caught 1 silver. He too said the water is very high.

Is it true that you can't get back there with a 4x4 vehicle this year?
    Someone told me they had it blocked off and the only vehicles allowed were ATVs.

I'd like to take my truck back there and do a little fishing, but would like to know if it's blocked off before I make the drive up there.

Quote Originally Posted by scnettek View Post
    Is it true that you can't get back there with a 4x4 vehicle this year?
    Someone told me they had it blocked off and the only vehicles allowed were ATVs.

I'd like to take my truck back there and do a little fishing, but would like to know if it's blocked off before I make the drive up there.

Havent been back there yet, might check it out this weekend if it doesnt look like a million vehicles going back there, if the water is pushing back I dont want to start to play bumper trucks trying to get out.

Default Not blocked off to trucks

to my knowledge but I did hear the river is right up to where you come off Sexton Trail (out of the trees). Don't think I'll take the wife's Subaru out there to go fishing for a while
    Mike
    Mike
    www.alaskaatvclub.org
    There is a faster way off the mountain, might hurt a little though.

Default No fish and high water

Yes it is true that the fish are not there yet. The water was up to the hood of my chevy when i went through and it's just flooded out bad. Maybe in a week or two the fish will show up and the water will recede a little. I was out there yesterday btw.

DW

Thanks for the updates gentlemen, and keep us updated on the high water status.

Guess I'll head South this weekend for my fish...

Here is a thread about access. It is pretty long but the short and skinny is there is a landowner dispute. You can still get out to Jim creek though and I guess there is now a new trail that follows the road easment along the old Glenn. Otherwise I think you can still go on the other trail by the racetrack. I'm not sure were that is though.

http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...ad.php?t=53599

Quote Originally Posted by matjpow View Post
    Here is a thread about access. It is pretty long but the short and skinny is there is a landowner dispute. You can still get out to Jim creek though and I guess there is now a new trail that follows the road easment along the old Glenn. Otherwise I think you can still go on the other trail by the racetrack. I'm not sure were that is though.

If I can make it out there this weekend I will take some pictures of where the turn-off is via the racetrack trail. want to say it is about 2 miles down on the right. I'll take some snaps of the water level as well. Probably gonna be Sunday if I can get out there.

heading out there now, will try to get some pics posted by tomorrow of where to turn, and the water levels. Not going muddin since I will have my lil ones with me.

a fishing buddy of mine said he caught a silver like two nights ago and also saw 2 others caught.

Quote Originally Posted by matjpow View Post

take sullivan from the old glen, go down till you see home number 17607 on the left, I believe that is the number, on the right will be a dirt road, soon as you pull in you should see an open area to the left, then follow the trail on down. Still some water when you pop out of the trees, and the creek was real high, I got 1 picture of the water level.

Default right turn

this is what you should see when you turn off of sullivan

Default dont go this way

this is what you dont want to see

Default water level

last year you could drive and park in here.

Ok, so DON'T go where I see the cracked windshield???

Kidding, nice pics and a great visual aid for those of us who benefit greatly from them. Thanks.
    "The Gods do not subtract from the allotted span of men's lives the hours spent in fishing" Assyrian Tablet 2000 B.C.

Nate, I think that wrong trail is the one that I took going back in there w/ my 06 150 supercrew. To say it is tight is an understatement! I managed to make it back out without bending my rig but it was really thanks to a spotter and being extremely careful. Several areas I had to fold the mirrors in to get through.

Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    Nate, I think that wrong trail is the one that I took going back in there w/ my 06 150 supercrew. To say it is tight is an understatement! I managed to make it back out without bending my rig but it was really thanks to a spotter and being extremely careful. Several areas I had to fold the mirrors in to get through.

yeah it gets tight back there. Had some wheelers that probably wanted to shoot me. I was like there is a big lot right off to the left when you go in, where is that at. My kids loved the ride tho.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast