Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Two 4 wheelers couldn't budge it...

Default Two 4 wheelers couldn't budge it...

my 6x6 out of its element.....

------------------------------------------------
    pull my finger....

Leave it there and chisel it out in the winter like they did the two trucks off the Dalton Highway. Seriously though you had that baby buried.

Quote Originally Posted by Contender View Post
    Seriously though you had that baby buried.
    i wasn't too worried as there was only about 8 more inched until the bed was on the ground...I knew I wouldn't sink any further than that...lol...
    pull my finger....

Been there before last year with buddy's rhino. It took 4 wheelers to pull him out. Mainly a traction issue. It is this reason that I keep a pull pall and about 150' of amsteel rope in the back of the rhino. The ground anchor has yet to fail me. As long as you don't get too far out you can get out.

Woooo....thats ugly! Thats the only problem with a 6x6...most of the time there isn't anyone big enough around to pull ya out!

I fell through the ice on Friday creek one time and my buddy riding with me was on a Honda 400. We got it out, but it took about an hour .
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

Been there with ATV's. Took us over an hour to get my buddies 800 Max that was burried to the rack in front out. Two other 800 Max ATV's and all three winches finally got him out. No traction and nothing to anchor to made it quite challenging. When you use one of the big Ranger 6x6 you almost need to have another along with you to pull you out should you ever get it stuck. Not much else, short of a full size truck can unstick them.

Thumbs up

Looking at the picture, it is easy to see why you had problems. NEVER go into the goo, where there are no grasses or roots showing. ALWAYS go around the holes and go over where there is fresh vegetation growing.

Some folks will not approve of this, but they are the ones that have to be pulled out too. So the choice is yours. I know what I do everytime. Grass regrows if there is not too much traffic and if not, oh well. We need more trails anyway. The bigger, the wider, the more, the better.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

See now you have the perfect excuse to buy a SUSV! What better to have around in case you bury your Ranger?

Default Susv???

Is that some kind of heavy lift helicopter??
    Well, I guess toys are toys!
    AKres -
    Actually this is why I started the ATV Club - so I'ld always have someone around to pull me out!
    Mike
    Mike
    www.alaskaatvclub.org
    There is a faster way off the mountain, might hurt a little though.

Quote Originally Posted by Akres View Post
    it is easy to see why you had problems. NEVER go into the goo,
    how much fun is that? ...I know the trail well and yes, I usually go around...the kids were having fun and wanted to go through the mud so we tried....then dad (me) wasn't having fun anymore but the kids still were...lol...it took a couple shovels and some metal grating but it finally came out.....then I went around

Quote Originally Posted by Akres View Post
    Grass regrows if there is not too much traffic and if not, oh well. We need more trails anyway. The bigger, the wider, the more, the better.
    I agree
    pull my finger....

Default Susv

Probly a few hours late but, is it out yet?
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Maybe Alaska_Lanche can post a video of polarisblake stuck in his 6x6....looked a lot like yours! Another 6x and a 700 sportsman anchored behind stumps and 3 winches to get it out VEEEEERRRRRRYYYY slowly...

The load have anything to do with it?

Carry a pipe with me and drive it in the ground in front of the rig at an angle, and winch it out. I know you would think the ground would be to soft, but try it, you will be suprised.

a good boat anchor works wonders to. Easier than pounding a pipe in the ground!

There is a 6x stuck deep in the swamp near my place. It has been there for more than a month that I know of. I figure the guy had a good insurance policy or they are waiting for freeze up. They have been back as there are beer bottles all around it. If it is there next spring, I will figure they have abandoned it for good. The decals have been scratched off of it.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

It may have been stolen and abandoned after they got stuck there.

Quote Originally Posted by oatzy View Post
    a good boat anchor works wonders
    right you are, I carry one sometimes....but it wouldn't have done a thing in this particular stuck...lol...I don't care if you hooked a tank on to the Ranger, it wasn't moving....watever the tank hooked to would have just broke off...lol....cutting the swamp mat from in front of the machine was the only way to get it out...once that was done, it winched/drove out easily on the metal grating...next time I'm going around, I don't care how much fun my kids are having...
    pull my finger....

When WG and I were up in the hills, we split one day and I ventured off with my dad...burried id bigger than hell....used the handle on my hilift jack to winch too....worked perfect. Not soo good in rocky areas, but none the less a great tool to have.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

I use to drive a SUSV (small unit support vehicule) in the Army. Don't be fooled, they to, can be stuck.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast