Thread: New Boat

Default New Boat

Well, I just bought a new (used) boat from Cody in North Pole. It's my first big boat. 20' Hewescraft Sportsman 200 Optimax Sportjet. I'm heading out to Whittier to give it a big first run for some Silvers. I'll be catching the 0630 Tunnel tomorrow. So, If any of you see me out there, don't hesitate to say hey. I'm keeping the name Chasin' Tale. Seems appropriate for the way I'm going to use the boat.

Rob
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nice, you'll have fun with that..... good luck with the silvers, let us know how you did.

congratulations rob, im sure your gonna have a blast. let us know how you silver trip goes^^
    sevenmag

Sounds/looks great. Let us know what kind of "tail" you catch...and post pics of either

BTW...even it wasn't a cool name, I would never change the name of a boat. The tale of being bad luck is true. I had a Chris Craft on Lake Erie in the 80's...I changed the name and 2 weeks later I hit a floating log under full power in the dark that was riding on a 4 footer (wave). It went through the hull and sunk it.

Congrats on the new boat. I talked with Cody several times about sportjets and his boat. Definitely a nice guy and sounds like a nice boat. Enjoy it.

Good luck fishing and congrats on the new (to you) boat. Hope all goes well and you have a great trip. Looks like you got a new spare on the trailer.

Default Chaisin' Tail

Give em hell Rob, post pics when you get back. She's a good girl and likes to get bloody!

Cody

Default Great trip

Well, we didin't get into the silvers at all. The commercial guys had the entire area blocked off. Plus they said they weren't even inthere too thick yet. Next trip maybe..... We found a couple new spots for rockfish and a chicken hole on the south side of Perry. It was a beautiful day and the boat ran great. I was really suprised on how good it was on gas. Spent all day out and ran a lot. Only used a little over half tank. I'll post pics when I get them downloaded from the camera.

Rob