Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ship Creek Silvers

Default Ship Creek Silvers

Drove into town for the midnite re-opener at Ship Creek, hoping to get a quick limit of silvers. Since KTUU put out the report claiming that there were "hundreds" of them, I thought that I could be out of there in a couple hours (or 20 minutes), tops. Flogged the water until I got sick of releasing humpies. About 4 hrs. Saw a few silvers caught, but nothing to get excited about, yet.

Default Thanks

Thanks for the update

Cheers

There are pinks at Ship?

How thick are they? May take the kids down there for a quick fishing fix if it is worth it.
    Just a bitter Alaskan clinging to his guns and religion.....

thanks for the info, it'll save me a trip. Guess I'll go mow the grass instead.
    Hunt, Fish and drink beer with friends.........because life is to short to work all day.

Are you allowed to keep the Pinks?

I took the daughter down to ship creek at Noon,because of what was on KTUU last night. Apparrently the reporter dosent know the difference between a humpy and a silver. I was below the bridge 1 bend from the mouth, lots of humpies and lots of bees. didnt see anybody hook into a silver. So I decided to take my daughter up to the upper bridge by the hatchery to look at the kings. Fish and Game was there to "snag" kings for the hatchery. It was comical, these guys were having no luck at all, I told them to go to Seward and get some practice :-) The one guy said that he's not a snagger, but a fly fisherman, I told him that evern fly fisherman know not to walk right up to the fish, but below or above.
    If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you can read this in english, thank a veteran

Yeah as usual the local news guys are clueless. Took a trip up to the dam before work ... lots of pinks (and a few old boot kings) visible with the polarized, but not a silver in sight.

Stopped there at lunch, didnt look to promising. Didnt see anything swimming around.

stopped by as well and not a fish in sight.
    Hunt, Fish and drink beer with friends.........because life is to short to work all day.

Was there for my lunch break on 7/15 down by the bridge. Saw a few pinks and a lot of kings (15-20 on the incoming tide) to include a couple of chromers?!?! In fact, I couldn't really thrash the water since there were almost always kings around me.

As for silvers, if I'm not mistaken, there is a small run of chums in there....
    Finally, Brad Childress is GONE!

I was mistaken, there is not a small run of chums.

There is a very small run of chums that get into Ship Creek. I see a handful every year. Last year I even watched a guy put a spawned one in a cooler!

Default Indeed.......

there are a few chums in there.....only one i've ever seen happened to be on the end of my line.....Tried to horse him in, and snapped my flyrod...grrrr.

Slow afternoon at Ship today. The only person I saw catching pinks was one of the usual snaggers. I was, however, a few hours late for the high tide. Still a lot of BIG kings in there.

What's the latest on the silvers at ship? Are they showing up on the incoming tides, or is it still a humpy factory?

Was thinking of going down today and checking it out. Haven't looked at the tide times though. I'll let ya'll know if I do.

Default big king

all I have seen is pinks being caught; also at Bird Creek. I was down there Friday and checked out the kings at the dam. There was a big red king at the dam that had to be 80 to 100 pounds; it was huge. Saw several other kings with tackle attached from gauntlet run.

can these kings be caught from shore ? are they pretty spawned out ? any advise would be appreciated

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ski1 View Post
    can these kings be caught from shore ? are they pretty spawned out ? any advise would be appreciated

thanks

King season is closed... And by the dam, they would be off limits if they were past the wire. if you have any other ?'s fire away. But you can catch kings in ship from the shore...

what do you suggest for kings from ship ? not familiar with the area at all. Eggs, vibrax, pixies, etc ? thanks

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast