Thread: need some new wading boots. any suggestions?

Default need some new wading boots. any suggestions?

i need some new wading boots. i know that felt is going out in alaska because of the diseases, so i probably dont want that. what is the next best option for traction on rocks and such? anyone use the korkers with the interchangable soles? what do you think of them thanks, adam

I've been very happy with my Korkers. They run like 2 sizes small it seems, so make sure to try some on if you end up going with them. They are the most comfy boots that I've worn and the interchangable soles are pretty nice. The change out fairly easily and I have not had any issues with them coming off on accident in 3-4 years of use.

I hear the simms boots are really great also, but have not tried them myself.

I have a pair of LL Bean Riverkeeper boots. They provide "good" traction (at least better than I expected from rubber soles) and very good support. If you get them, be sure to order one size UP. The only down side I found was that they took a while to break in as they are designed more like a hiking boot than a wading shoe, but when used a few times they are very comfortable.

Nothing will replace felts for traction, but with the problem we are having with Didymo (Rock Snot) in New England it is worth the effort to at least try to do the right thing.

Korkers...I have had a pair for 3 years, 60 or so days a year in Colorado, so lots of dry walking. Replaced the felt with studded 5.10 soles and haven't gone back.

Another Vote for Korkers, I plan on upgrading my Streamborns for the Guide boots next summer. Something about not being quick enough to lace up my boots . The Guide boots look awesome, no laces, tighten them with a twist of a small knob....gotta save the $$$ for them.
    You know your not catching any fish when you start talking about the weather...

http://www.alaskansalmonslayers.com/

Default Korkers

The Korkers boot is great. The dial lacing system is wonderful, and the interchangable soles are a nice option. I use the studded soles almost exclusively. I highly recommend this product.