Thread: Kenai Camping sites???

Default Kenai Camping sites???

I was curious if anyone has a report on Camping sites close to the Kenai. My plan is to curise down to the Kenai area later this week. I would like electric hookups at least, but not mandatory. If possible once I get there I would like to be able to park and walk to decent fishing. I am new at the RV game so if anyone can help me with either places to go, or not to go just let me know.

new mexico

not sure about the hookups, but centennial campground would be a good bet in soldotna.

Stay away from Eagle Rock private camping/launch. Its noisy and the owner is trouble. I Second Centennial or you can try Soldotna's other city launch called swiftwater - its about 1/4 mile from Fred Meyer with access to good red flipping and silver spinning spots next to, near or behind your campground. No hook ups but if you have a generator you can re-charge your battery every couple of days and don't need em. Good luck!

Did you want to be near the city of Kenai or just anywhere on the river?

I would just like to be on the river........closer to Soldotna the better. Since its early in the run I think that is best to stay in the lower portion of the river