Thread: 223 for under 400 bucks

Default 223 for under 400 bucks

Is there any out there? I have been looking a little bit for one without too much success. I want an accurate rifle. Is this possible?

Quote Originally Posted by BowHunter89 View Post
    Is there any out there? I have been looking a little bit for one without too much success. I want an accurate rifle. Is this possible?
    New England Arms/H&R makes 3 or 4 variations for under $400.00

You may want to use gunbroker on this one. I owned an 18in. barreled cz carbine that I bought for about 400 dollars (before shipping and FFL transaction fees). I also bought a ruger stainless/w leupold v-ll 3-9 for $500 from a freind. Also post on the forum as a WTB and soon enough you will find a good deal. If not.....go to wall mart and buy a savage 223. I bet it would be real close to $400 brand new.......and everbody knows that savage rifles are tack drivers. good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by mainer_in_ak View Post
    You may want to use gunbroker on this one. I owned an 18in. barreled cz carbine that I bought for about 400 dollars (before shipping and FFL transaction fees). I also bought a ruger stainless/w leupold v-ll 3-9 for $500 from a freind. Also post on the forum as a WTB and soon enough you will find a good deal. If not.....go to wall mart and buy a savage 223. I bet it would be real close to $400 brand new.......and everbody knows that savage rifles are tack drivers. good luck.
    One of mine is a Savage, and it's more accurate with factory ammo than either my Remington or Ruger. Stuff any brand of ammo down its throat and it's going to do an inch or better. The Remington is highly accurized and will beat the others with exactly the right handload, but the Savage is no slouch with its favorite handload either. It will break half an inch easily. The savage also seems to be holding up better. These rifles are used for prairie dogs in the Southwest for hundreds of rounds a day on big days. Shooting is so fast and constant that I use three rifles, allowing two to cool while shooting the third. After many thousands of rounds through each rifle, the Savage hasn't deteriorated one iota in accuracy while I'm seeing a slow deterioration in the group size in both the Remington and Ruger. The Savage isn't the prettiest or smoothest, but in pure performance terms I'm going to call it the best.

Default Stevens 200

"Budget" rifle of the Savage 110 line. Doesn't have the "Acu Trigger", pretty much the 'old' 110 design, which does allow some minor adjustment of the trigger.
    The one I had and shot before I gave it to my Grandson performed way beyond what you'd expect of a rifle that at the time sold for $289.00. We sell the same gun today for $329, which leaves room for a set of Weaver rings and bases and a budget scope, coming very close to your $400 goal.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeak View Post
    New England Arms/H&R makes 3 or 4 variations for under $400.00
    we have the NEF single shot .223. and it is a GREAT accurate little gun. $249.00 at sportmans
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Without question go with the Stevens 200 in 223.

Quote Originally Posted by Water_Gremlin View Post
    Without question go with the Stevens 200 in 223.
    The Stevens 200 sounds exactly like my 10-year old Savage. No accutrigger, no frills, just great shooting and long life.

Default Vanguard Varmit Special

You find one of these if you look hard. It is a very good rifle for that price.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas

Default Stevens 200 +1 more

They aren't pretty to look at, but they shoot great and I'm picking one up in 7mm08 shortly.

Brand new gun that shoots well right out of the box for under $350 ..... kinda hard to go wrong.

I will go take a look at the stevens 200 and the savage rifles. I love those savage rifles. Darreld where do you work? I may have to swing by and check out the savage

Well I got a NEF handi rifle for free. Hopefully the little bugger is accurate! If not the stevens will be coming with me soon enough