Thread: looking for Chitna trail info....

Default looking for Chitna trail info....

Ive never fished in the canyon from shore.

Is the trail wide enough for a Polaris Ranger?

Are there many areas to get down to the water?

Thanks
    ------------------------------------------------
    pull my finger....

Trail is wide enough, the bridge is your limiting factor, OBrien creek is an authorized ford area however with the water levels you would need to re think a ford. I have only seen 4 wheelers beyond the bridge, someone posted a few weeks back that there was a Suzuki Samaria back there, I don't doubt it but I do not know how they crossed Obrien creek.

Plenty of areas to climb down to the water, look for trails heading down, wheelers parked by the roads edge and don't be afraid to leave one location for another.

thanks for the info...I am assuming that O'brian creek is upstream of the canyon...is that correct?....
    pull my finger....

thank you...
    pull my finger....

Quote Originally Posted by AKFishOn View Post
    I have only seen 4 wheelers beyond the bridge, someone posted a few weeks back that there was a Suzuki Samaria back there, I don't doubt it but I do not know how they crossed Obrien creek.
    I saw the Samurai cross the bridge at O'Brien Creek. It's wide enough. There are Rhinos down the trail all the time, I'm not sure how much wider (if at all) a Ranger is. Careful with it, the trail is very narrow in some spots and a slip or roll can mean death by fall or Copper River.

Quote Originally Posted by akav8r View Post
    I saw the Samurai cross the bridge at O'Brien Creek. It's wide enough. There are Rhinos down the trail all the time, I'm not sure how much wider (if at all) a Ranger is. Careful with it, the trail is very narrow in some spots and a slip or roll can mean death by fall or Copper River.
    thanks for the update....My ranger is wider than my old Rhino for sure....but I doubt it is wider than a samurai....lol

looks like I'll be heading down the trail this weekend, if the trail is a narrow as some say then I hope I don't meet too many folks coming the other direction...
    pull my finger....

Did your ranger fit? Am curious to see if one could make it across the bridge.

Is it a full size Polaris ranger or the midsized variety