Thread: Winchester M 52 Question

Default Winchester M 52 Question

Just bought a Win model 52 with a Lyman Junior Targetspot scope in good usable condition vintage 1931. Was wondering if anyone happens to know what size 22 rimfire ammo it was made to use?......Should i find match grade or would standard current production long rifle ammo work OK?
    Thanx for any info

Quote Originally Posted by 4951tomm View Post
    Just bought a Win model 52 with a Lyman Junior Targetspot scope in good usable condition vintage 1931. Was wondering if anyone happens to know what size 22 rimfire ammo it was made to use?......Should i find match grade or would standard current production long rifle ammo work OK?
    Thanx for any info
    It's made for long rifle. I'm betting it will shoot almost anything well, but will have its favorite. While one variety or another of match ammo is likely to shoot best, it's also likely to have a favorite among the cheaper stuff, too. But each rifle is a rule unto itself. The only way to find out which is which is to buy a box of each brand and variety you can find, then try them all from a very good rest using very good bench techniques. Once you find the best one or two for your particular rifle, buy lots. You're going to enjoy that great shooter!

Default Win 52 Ammo

That was the answer i was hoping for, i have some Remington thunderbolt, golden bullet, eley and Winchester wildcat that i can try. And will pick up some others as they become available. THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME

An old friend (passed) found Ely Tenex as the best bullet for his 52.