Thread: Question for the FOB guys

Default Question for the FOB guys

I'm pretty close to switching over. Just have 2 questions:

Can I just scrape the vanes off my old arrows or am I going to have to buy new arrows?

I'm also going to replace my rest. I've seen the list on starrflight of drop aways that work, but any recommendations?

Thanks

Yes, you can scrape your vanes off your arrows. You do not need to buy new arrows.

Arrow rests- There are lots of arrow rests that work well with FOBs. I have a Rip cord rest. As long as you follow instructions, you will not have problmes.

Marc Taylor, FOB fanatic, frequently posts on FOBs. He has a rest he swears by, however I do not recall the make/model. If you SEARCH under "FOB freak" Taylor should pop up on 95 out of 100 posts. (take out the freak part, and should find lots of info.)

Did I hear FOBs mentioned?!

BigDaddy, was that a front slap or a back slap? I can't tell! LOL

I shoot the Limbdriver, but most if not all drop-aways will work. Go to Starrflight.com for set-up tips for your particular rest.

I was out this weekend pulling in 7" groups with my new 80-yard pin!

I've never been a serious shooter or a long range shooter before and these things have given me the confidence to push myself a little further out. Just for fun right now, but one never knows...

It would be nice to be the guy at the line of trucks on the haul road who pulls up, ranges the big bull that everyone is cowering from at about 80 yards and won't cross the road, draw back and center-punch him through the vitals and watch jaws hit the gravel!!!

Taylor

-[]------->

Yes, you can scrape the vanes off. I use a limb driver as well and have no issues whatsoever. In fact, with the limbdriver rest I can shoot a bare shaft 20 yards and it flies straight.

I have 2 issues with FOBs: First, when they are in the quiver, they look like props from "The Jetsons." Second, after the first arrow is in the target; the others group right on the first FOB.

Enjoy great groups and decreased drift effects from the wind.

Cheers,

Matt

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Big daddy actually if we use FOB Freak often enough it will pop on on all searches for Marc taylor.....

Marc... seems you need a new Signature line...
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Thumbs up

Done Deal!

Taylor

-[]------->

Thanks for the answer on the vanes. Is there anyone in the Fairbanks area that sells them or will I have to order?

Order them straight from Starrflight.com, Paul will get them to you quick.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by ak_hunter7616 View Post
    Thanks for the answer on the vanes. Is there anyone in the Fairbanks area that sells them or will I have to order?
    Tom at Kings knock archery has stocked them for aobut 5 years is my understanding... and will help you set up your drop away.
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    Big daddy actually if we use FOB Freak often enough it will pop on on all searches for Marc taylor.....
    I got 2 hits. More now. TY Vince

Went and ordered a drop away from Kings Knock today. They didn't have any FOB's for the Axis' though. Looks like I will be ordering them directly from starrflight. Now the question is what color....

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    Tom at Kings knock archery has stocked them for aobut 5 years is my understanding... and will help you set up your drop away.

Thumbs up

Get two tubes and save yourself some shipping later. Two colors to mix it up some.

Trust me on this one.

Just this one...

Please...!

Taylor

-[]------->

Before I order...I thought I read somewhere that they have some deal for the military...is that true?

ak_hunter 7616, I sent you a pm.

Just ordered a couple of tubes from Paul...

OUTSTANDING customer service.

Picked up a tube at Wiggy's Alaska along with some other items for this coming hunting season. We'll see how this FOBs live up to they hype!!! Oh and thanks Marc that route off the highway for the goat permit is MONEY!!!!!

Wink

Alaska Lanche - Every once in a while I even amaze MYSELF!

Always wished I could draw that tag...

Taylor

-[]------->

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Taylor View Post
    Always wished I could draw that tag...
    Says the guy that draws a base archery tag every year.

I suppose now would be the time to mention that this is my third time drawing the Kenai Mountains tag.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    Says the guy that draws a base archery tag every year.

I suppose now would be the time to mention that this is my third time drawing the Kenai Mountains tag.
    Karma will come back to bite you both! No more tags for either of you!!