Thread: raymarine

Default raymarine

I bought a used boat with an e120 and the chart has poor detail contour lines and depth info to far apart I updated to 4.29 and purchased the 09 chip with no change, my lowrance on my old boat had much better detail. looks like I need to live with it or change back to lowrance?

you should be able to go into the settings and change the chart detail. You should hit the menu button and go to chart setup or cartography setup and there should be an option in there called detail. You may have it set on regular, change it to high and see if you like that. It should give you a few more lines and a lot more depths.

I talked to raymarine and reset the unit and made sure I was on the most detailed mode but it's still no comparison to the detail on the lowrance

hmmm. Do you have the right card in it for the area you're boating in? I think you must because it would give you no detail at all otherwise. I'm not too familiar with lowrance units, but the new Garmins are awesome. I've got the 4210. Gives me all the detail I would ever need right out of the box. Don't need to buy any cards separate, they are already pre-loaded into the machine. If you're looking at a new unit I would check out them also. West Marine has them on display.

thanks Griff my lowrance on my other boat was the same way (no chip needed)