Thread: Valdez Silvers

Default Valdez Silvers

Anyone seeing Silvers in Valdez yet? I know that it is early - - but will be up there fishing on Saturday. Rental boat won't let us go very far out so we will be fishing and shrimping in the bay.

I was there this past weekend. Fishing was not too good. Pinks are "in" at Allison Point, but they are not as thinck as in years past. Many people not catching any at all.

The recreation boats were doing OK for flatfish but hacving to go out past Galena for success. Shrimping was doing decent if you know where to go and dont have your pot stolen or emptied by someone else.

All in all, Valdez is BARELY worth the gas money right now. On Saturday there was probably 50% of the spaces along the boardwalk open for parking. That is UNHEARD of in the 15 years I have been going there.

Good luck!

Default fish central

the rental boats cannot be taken further than a straight line between Sawmill and Galena Bay.....I really wanted to fish Bligh - - I spose that it is their boat and their insurance (that I am helping pay for tho) so they can set the rulz.