Thread: Muskox DX 103

Default Muskox DX 103

I just drew this tag and was wondering if anyone had any info on it from last year; Being that last year was the first year that it was hunted as a draw hunt. Hunt is between Nome and Teller Jan 1 - March 15. Thanks

Shot 3 in the past 3 years. What do you need to know?
    Know guns. Know peace. Know safety.

No guns: no peace. No safety!

Default Muskox

I also pulled a Muskox tag DX 106. I'm also interested in information if anyone has any. Good hunting!

106 is the Deering Buckland area. Not sure if any services are available there. Speak with F&G in Kotz. There is often a heard of Ox right by the runway in Deering. The season opens Aug. 1. Try and see if anyone will rent a 4 wheeler or snogo. Not aware of any kind of B&B or place to stay in either village either.
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

Default lodging in the villages

I work for the State and we often travel to the small village communities. Lodging can be a tricky deal at times. I suggest checking with the school or the local health clinic if they have one. They are often helpful in providing you a warm place to sleep for a nominal fee. Expect to pay a few dollars each night and I would recommend you ask the amount for each nights lodging in advance because you'll likely need to pay in cash....

Hope this helps.
    Brian

Default Thanks

Thank you for the info. every little bit will help me choose the best route. Happy hunting!!!