Thread: Silvers in early this year around Seward

Default Silvers in early this year around Seward

Question for all you Silver Slayers. I will be fishing out of Seward Aug 16 for the Silver Bullets and have heard and seen many reports that say they are in 2 weeks early this year as they sometimes are. Can you all give me yor 2 cents on these questions:
    1. Being that they are showing early does this mean I'll miss the peak or better part of the first run into the Ressurection area? (Aug 16)
    2. When they show early on a given year does that typically mean that the second run shows earlier also?
    3. Do they also get inside the Bay earlier as well!
    Thanks,

Desert Fisher

with them showing up early and everyone able to get out to where they are the thickest (cause of the good weather) i wonder if there will be any left for the derby!! at least in any good numbers. coming that late you wont have to travel far to find them. h.o.b. is the place to be that time of the year.

I used to switch over to Whittier in August for silvers as they slow down quite a bit by the middle of August in Seward.

Quote Originally Posted by AK2AZ View Post
    I used to switch over to Whittier in August for silvers as they slow down quite a bit by the middle of August in Seward.
    Can you recommend a good charter in Whittier!

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Fisher View Post
    Can you recommend a good charter in Whittier!
    Not really as I rarely go out with charters (4 times in my 39 years). I`m sure someone will chime in here that can help out though.