Thread: Day Trip to Whittier

Default Day Trip to Whittier

Hi,
    Im heading north in the near future while following my dad on business meetings. On one of the days he is in meetings, i was hoping to do a little fishing in PWS. My goal would be to do a "Grand Slam" and try and catch as many species as I can. Any information on who to go with in Whittier would be great. Also, do most charters accommodate to a single person to go along with a group of 3? And what shuttle services are there that can get me to the Tunnel by 7:45 at a resonable price? Thanks

Default whittier charters

Jody Mason on the AK4STAR is a real good place to start. I've bought the boat for Aug 17th. Very knowledgeable captain with a very fast safe boat. Safety is his biggest concern followed closely by making sure his clients have a good time and finding quality fish.

www.alaskan4starcharters.com

Don't know about shuttles. But I'll bet he can help you out with that too.

Default Call Matt...

@ Whittier Marine Charters. I'm going on an overnighter tomorrow thru Thursday. I've gone out on the water with Matt many times since I moved up here in 01.
    This trip was last minute thing and he fit me in.
    440-9510
    fishwhittier.com

I don't know of any shuttles or buses that make the trip specifically to Whittier. However, you could take the train you into Whittier from Anchorage - The Glacier Discovery Train - roundtrip from Anchorage or Girdwood to Whittier $74.00. alaska railroad.com

Have fun!!

emrdux