Thread: Little Su Silvers?

Default Little Su Silvers?

Anyone give them a try yet? Anything showing up?
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

We will find out after midnight. Unless you have seen them while trout fishing.
    It ain't about the # of pounds of meat we bring back, nor about how much we spent to go do it. Its about seeing what no one else sees.

http://wouldieatitagainfoodblog.blogspot.com/

Why the wait? It has been open all year for "other salmon".
    AKmud

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

Quote Originally Posted by AKmud View Post
    Why the wait? It has been open all year for "other salmon".
    Opps... Well I missed this one.
    It ain't about the # of pounds of meat we bring back, nor about how much we spent to go do it. Its about seeing what no one else sees.

http://wouldieatitagainfoodblog.blogspot.com/

Check this website about silvers. www.fish4salmon.com. He has been out a couple times and nothing yet. Should be very soon. The Northern district setnetters are catching loads of them. Wont be too long now. I cant wait either.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by bruinman View Post
    Check this website about silvers. www.fish4salmon.com. He has been out a couple times and nothing yet. Should be very soon. The Northern district setnetters are catching loads of them. Wont be too long now. I cant wait either.

Chris

Hey, Chris beat me to it. Andy puts regular updates on his website about fish catches, water levels, etc. While I usually fish as a walk in I have taken visiting guests out with Andy over the years. He really know the Little Su.

His fishing report is a highly recommended bookmark. Also take a look at previous year's reports to help get a feel for when the fish typically run.

Tight lines,

AkGunner

Went out this morning....... it was dead. We didnt even see one fish roll, jump or splash. Hopefully next week will be better.

Quote Originally Posted by bruinman View Post
    The Northern district setnetters are catching loads of them.
    Huh?

Thru July 12, only a total of 85 silvers caught by ND setnets...and only about 2,500 cumulative for all UCI commercial fishing.

http://csfish.adfg.state.ak.us/marin...catchxarea.php

fished all yesterday; not a silver to be seen .
    caught a 50lb king though woohoo

& released it immediately

but not before hugging it

I'm still stuck in Orlando but heading home tomorrow.... Any news on chromers in the LS??
    AKmud

went down yesterday still pretty slow
    Visions Steel/841-WELD(9353)
    "Rebellion is in my blood, I was born an American"
    Μολών λαβέ

Default Pretty Slow Still

We fished the little su sunday for about 4 hours and managed to pull out 2 silvers and a chum. The silvers both had sea lice on them and were in absolutely fantasitc shape. All were caught on pink number 5 vibrax's.
    Ryan from Wasilla

Default Where on the Lil Su

Are people packing into the area down KGB? Curious how this weekend will go.

Quote Originally Posted by Hogslice View Post
    Are people packing into the area down KGB? Curious how this weekend will go.
    If your talking about Burma the place is full.. I popped down this morning and as of 11:00 or so they had 28 fish on the board. Saw some folks walking back to camp with bags of fillet's.

Fish Creek was full as well by the bridge. I guess they opened it this morning.

Default Decent results

We fished the little su today for 4 or 5 hours and landed 2 silvers, and lost 2 as well. All were hooked on pink #4 vibraxes. Counting our fish, there were 120 fish on the board when we left.
    Ryan from Wasilla

Shore fished for a couple hours at the Little Su this evening (Sunday) just after the last section of metal grated walkway downstream of the boat launch -- sort of just downstream of the confluence that flows around an island... Lots of folks above us hooking up fishing at the end of the island -- must be a nice pool there. Lots of chum caught, but a couple silvers, I think, based on the reaction of the fisherfolk as well as the acrobatics of the fish. I did land a chum and a silver while we were there just tossing #4 orange vibrax to the far bank, after wading 1/2 way into the river (really wide and shallow below the island...). The silver weighed in at 6.5 lbs. First of the year for me...

When we left just before 10 PM, the tally at the gate shack indicated 133 caught yesterday and 205 reported today. When we arrived around 6:30 PM the tally for today was at 177, and the lady at the shack indicated she'd be there until around 9 PM, so the tallies apparently end at that time.

Best,
    Palmer, Alaska
    "There are some things money can buy. For everything else, there's ALASKA!"