Thread: Northwestern, reds at Main Bay

Default Northwestern, reds at Main Bay

Still plenty of reds to be snagged at Main Bay. Took about 4 hours for 6 Saturday, but about 1.5 hours for 6 on Sunday (today). Saw the Northwestern (boat from Deadliest Catch) in Main Bay. That was kind of neat.

Default Where were you?

Did you hang out between the float line and the rocks? I went there on Friday and three of us weren't able to snag a single one in an hour of flogging. They were around but not in high concentrations or anything...did better at Coghill but that's another story altogether.

Quote Originally Posted by skydiver View Post
    Still plenty of reds to be snagged at Main Bay. Took about 4 hours for 6 Saturday, but about 1.5 hours for 6 on Sunday (today). Saw the Northwestern (boat from Deadliest Catch) in Main Bay. That was kind of neat.
    Oh yeah? Well I have a Northwestern shirt signed by Capt. Sig and a picture with him, my family, and I. So there.

Where is Main Bay, anyway? I keep hearing about it, but don't know where it is...

Quote Originally Posted by IceKing02 View Post
    Did you hang out between the float line and the rocks? I went there on Friday and three of us weren't able to snag a single one in an hour of flogging. They were around but not in high concentrations or anything...did better at Coghill but that's another story altogether.
    On the left, before the net, there are a couple of coves with a small island between them. I was in the second cove anchored in about 12-15 feet of water. Sometimes had just 2-3 pass by, other times there were maybe a hundred or more. You definately had to be able to see the fish to get them. The lower the tide the better because the fish were shallower and easier to get to.

Quote Originally Posted by coho slayer View Post
    Oh yeah? Well I have a Northwestern shirt signed by Capt. Sig and a picture with him, my family, and I. So there.

Where is Main Bay, anyway? I keep hearing about it, but don't know where it is...
    That's ok. I'm partial to the Time Bandit since they're Alaska boys

Main Bay - leave Whittier, go through Culross Passage, go across Port Nellie Juan, past Foul Bay (on your right), then next bay on right is Main Bay. About 3 miles from entrance to the bay to where you want to go for the fish.

Yeah, the Hillstrands are cool. Homer boys. Gotta love 'em just for that.

Thanks for the directions. I was looking on the other side of the sound.