Thread: Floscan Question

Default Floscan Question

I was reading some of the previous threads about fuel gages and saw the floscan comments. I am running a 50 hp mercury 4-stroke. Has anyone installed a floscan gage on one of these?

I dont have one installed on an outboard but I do love the one on my inboard 350. The thing was deadle accurate, well that was until last year! Now it will say I burned 10 gallons and when I fuel it up I only dump in about 8 gallons until its topped off! Who can I get to calibrate this thing for me in AK?

Quote Originally Posted by powderhound View Post
    I dont have one installed on an outboard but I do love the one on my inboard 350. The thing was deadle accurate, well that was until last year! Now it will say I burned 10 gallons and when I fuel it up I only dump in about 8 gallons until its topped off! Who can I get to calibrate this thing for me in AK?

Yes they can be used for outboards but make sure you use the proper sender.

PH,
    1st you need to burn more fuel 15+ gallons to get a better idea of where you are at. You need to look at the back of the meter for a small screw dial and ensure that it is set at 0 for your comsumption calibration. Also limit your idle/troll time when burning the fuel. Now when you figure up your fuel comsumption you have to figure it out as a precentage change. The numbers on the dial represent the required precentage change. In your case it would be approximately 20%. Remember to round down when figuing out fuel. Example if you put in 2.43 gallons round down to .40 or to get even a better cushion take down to 2 gallons even.