Thread: Take me dippin' ?

Default Take me dippin' ?

Long shot but worth a try. I just sold my boat so my dipping plans are now a bust. Im looking to tag along with someone that has an extra seat (or 2) heading to Chitna.

I am very familiar with dipping Chitna from a boat. I have a 4 door truck and am happy to drive. I have all the needed gear (nets, large coolers, etc) and can come up with at least one more net if needed.

I'll split all expenses of course, fuel/ice etc.

I live in the Valley and am looking to go on weekends. Im usually free by 3pm on Fridays. One day, two day, doesn't matter to me.

Oh yeah, if I pass gas in the truck I promise to roll the window down first....

Thanks
    ------------------------------------------------
    pull my finger....

Default shore?

Why not just go fish from shore? Saw lots of people catching many last weekend........not having a boat won't stop me.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullelkklr View Post
    Why not just go fish from shore? Saw lots of people catching many last weekend........not having a boat won't stop me.
    not going to stop me either......it's just a whole lot easier and more effective from a boat...I do have a boat to dip the Kenai/Kasilof with, I just prefer the Copper fish...
    pull my finger....

**** dude, congrats on selling the boat, but I'm sad to hear it is gone. I know you enjoyed the hell out of that thing. Our prayers are still out for your son and hope all goes well and you find yourself shallow water boat shopping again in the near future.

I had to pass on a return trip to Chitina with my family on the 1st and 2nd of August. If I would have gone, we would of had room with the two boats, but they will be loaded up with the one now.

Gotta go get those fish one way or another!

Quote Originally Posted by Jerod View Post
    **** dude, congrats on selling the boat, but I'm sad to hear it is gone. I know you enjoyed the hell out of that thing. Our prayers are still out for your son and hope all goes well and you find yourself shallow water boat shopping again in the near future.

I had to pass on a return trip to Chitina with my family on the 1st and 2nd of August. If I would have gone, we would of had room with the two boats, but they will be loaded up with the one now.
    first off, thanks for the kind words...my son had his first of 2 surgeries last week and is doing fantastic...far better than I thought he would...to tell you the truth it was harder on me and mom than it was on him...perhaps your prayers are pulling him through....

I am already thinking of my next boat...just stashing away my extra pennies until it's time...stay tuned though, I'm pretty sure the next boat will be much more exciting than the last...

Quote Originally Posted by Jerod View Post
    Gotta go get those fish one way or another!
    roger that....I'll be there one way or another....
    pull my finger....

Quote Originally Posted by tjm View Post
    I am already thinking of my next boat...just stashing away my extra pennies until it's time...stay tuned though, I'm pretty sure the next boat will be much more exciting than the last...
    So you are going with the SeaArk Predator?

I would love to loan you my boat for a weekend but it needs new trailer bunks installed and someone to figure out why the OB is alarming after ~30 mins of run time and fix it. I think it is the oil injection sensor but I honestly don't know what the problem is for sure. Looking at the pics from that river I am not sure the 90/65 Merc would have the power you need and the boat is the 90's narrow 17'6" Wooly AK so it may be be stable enough any way.

If you think it will work and don't mind pulling the maintenance (I buy parts) then you are welcome to it.

Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    I would love to loan you my boat for a weekend but it needs new trailer bunks installed and someone to figure out why the OB is alarming after ~30 mins of run time and fix it. I think it is the oil injection sensor but I honestly don't know what the problem is for sure. Looking at the pics from that river I am not sure the 90/65 Merc would have the power you need and the boat is the 90's narrow 17'6" Wooly AK so it may be be stable enough any way.

If you think it will work and don't mind pulling the maintenance (I buy parts) then you are welcome to it.
    wow, thanks for the offer...I do appreciate it but I just wouldn't feel right taking someones boat....I am happy to help out with your boat though...I'm not familiar with your motor but I'll see what I can dig up...maybe It'll be running right before you get home...

I do think your boat would work, just need to be careful...but I guess that applies to most boats on the copper...
    pull my finger....

Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post

30 mins of run time is most likely a water flow sensor or a temp sensor. Does it start at idle or when on the throttle? Check water pump and wp connections before working the sensors.

Quote Originally Posted by tjm View Post
    wow, thanks for the offer...I do appreciate it but I just wouldn't feel right taking someones boat....I am happy to help out with your boat though...I'm not familiar with your motor but I'll see what I can dig up...maybe It'll be running right before you get home...

I do think your boat would work, just need to be careful...but I guess that applies to most boats on the copper...
    The boat is insured and I am honestly more nervous about the 30+ gallons of gas in it going bad and gunking up the carbs or just the damage that goes with it sitting than I am of you sinking it! It is quite possible that it will sit solid through the next winter with little to no care if I can't find someone I trust to take it out and put some hours on it. At least I know if you were taking it to the Copper you would make sure it was in tip top shape, something about your life depending on it Try getting that type of care and attention to detail from a boat shop wrench