Thread: Looking for canoeing partner...

Question Looking for canoeing partner...

I am looking for someone in Fairbanks to go canoeing with on the weekends this summer. I have a 16 ft. Mad River canoe. I have canoed the Chena River in town twice, and went down the Tanana via Moose Creek/Piledriver slough last weekend. I am 24 years old. I am also interested in float hunting as well. I do not have a lot of experience, so I'd prefer a partner who has some experience.

David

Default canoe partner

Hey David-

My girlfriend and I are into paddling as well, but don't have many friends our age that are paddlers. We joined the Fairabanks Paddlers group this year as they have trips most weekends at all ability levels, and there are folks there that have lots of experience. Seems like most of them are older folks, but all very nice and welcoming. We seem to do a leisurely in town chena bar float every other friday evening or so, perhaps you'd like to come along some time. We're both 26, with experience in class II water, but still learning.

Tom

some links...
    http://www.fairbankspaddlers.org/
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/fairbankspaddlers/

Thumbs up I had no idea...

I had no idea that there was a paddling club. Perhaps I will join. Anyhow, do you have a canoe/kayak? Can we get in touch outside the forum, e-mail maybe?

Exclamation Communicating through the forum system

Quote Originally Posted by dakin120
    Can we get in touch outside the forum, e-mail maybe?
    It is possible for any registered member to communicate privately with another through the forum system. Just click on the person's screen name and a list of options will appear. Either use the personal message or the email option. Not everyone has email enabled, so it may be necessary to use a personal messages.

David

Default canoe partner

We have a 1979 yellow mad river explorer. Sure, it's tkurkcanoe at yahoo.com

Tom