Thread: Gulkana Grayling Walking in

Smile Gulkana Grayling Walking in

So the wife is working in glenallen on friday. Im gonna take the ride up with her. I know I can shoot up to the Denali highway and catch all the grayling I want. I have been looking through the roadside anglers guide and see there are quite a few spots to park and hike in and fish the Gulkana. Im not looking for the Honey Hole just a shorter drive and to plink a few fishes while she works that day. So any comments on where, bears, and trails would be greatly appreciated.

The next day I am on a 4 wheeler tour for 8 hours (June works for Ahtna native corp) We have a guide that thinks we are nuts for not wanting to chase salmon but we want to chase more grayling. From what Im told somewhere around the klutina river mouth has good fishing too.

So any thoughts from you guys would be greatly appreciated

Thanks chuck
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

Default Sorry Chuck

I was down in your nexk of the woods if it was this Friday.

Wheeler, Take Meiers Lake Trail back to the confluence of the the East and Middle Forks Walk up stream have a blast. You can also go down Sweade Lake Trail and fish either the outlet to the Middle Fork or Hungy Hollow Creek either one and you can't go wrong.

Walk ins off the road just driver along the Upper East Fork Between Summit Lake and Paxon Lodge and have at it.

You can also walk into 7 Mile Lake (bears) great fishing and no body ever there note the refernce 7 mile lake it is a walk.

Blue Moose

Quote Originally Posted by BlueMoose View Post
    I was down in your nexk of the woods if it was this Friday.

Wheeler, Take Meiers Lake Trail back to the confluence of the the East and Middle Forks Walk up stream have a blast. You can also go down Sweade Lake Trail and fish either the outlet to the Middle Fork or Hungy Hollow Creek either one and you can't go wrong.

Walk ins off the road just driver along the Upper East Fork Between Summit Lake and Paxon Lodge and have at it.

You can also walk into 7 Mile Lake (bears) great fishing and no body ever there note the refernce 7 mile lake it is a walk.

Blue Moose
    Blue Moose have you ever fished Hungry Hollow? I have fished the middle fork upstream from the crossing all the way Dickey lake but never fished downstream too far.

Default Hungry Hollow!

I spent about 10 years hunting off of Mile 13 on the Denali Hwy and fished Hungry Hollow a lot! I woudl tend to think it woudl be looking rather whilte now, but I LOVE that area. no one is ever there and you can catch some FAT, BIG grayling. There are occasional Lakers around too. Without much effort you can also be chasing salmon. Take your rifle cause ya never know when a grizz might be around, and a 22/shotgun for tarmies. THAT is one fantastic area!