Thread: Hartley Motors in the Valley

Default Hartley Motors in the Valley

I see from their web site that Hartley Motors is a Honda Marine small engine dealer. Does anyone know if they do indeed sell Honda outboards (it is Sunday, and they are closed)? I'm looking for a 20 Horse.

If I buy one from Ron's Honda in Soldotna, can I get any warranty or preventive work done at Hartley's, just as if I bought it there? How is Hartley's to deal with? Thanks.

I wouldn't buy so much as a spark plug from them. Not gonna get into details.
    Last edited by LuJon; 07-12-2009 at 14:03. Reason: removed negative comments about local buisness according to forum rules

Default Rons gets my business

I wouldn't buy a bucket of water from the other guys if my leg was on fire.

Tom

And I am in the Mat-Su!

The forum rules prohibit negative comments about persons or businesses. Please use the PM system to discuss any negative dealings. If you would like to note "pm sent" here on the thread that is fine and people will get the point. That way I don't have to edit out all the negative comments and only leave behind glowing reports.
    Thanks!

I just priced a bare bones Honda Rancher at Hartley's and Ron's Honda. It was 700 dollars more at Hartley's. I've bought four outboards from Ron's and a Stabi. They have always treated me well and stand behind there products. On the other hand I did buy a Rincon from Hartley's about 5 years ago before I learned of Ron's.

I stopped by Hartley's and asked for a quote on a 20 Honda. They quoted me the highest price of all of the dealers in South Central. I am hazarding a guess that they aren't into selling outboards, but rather other motor equipment by Honda.

I comparison shopped looking for the best price and ended up buying two engines from Ron's in Soldotna. I bought a 50/35 jet and a short shaft 20 from Travis, the owner.

Ron's has the best prices, probably because their advertisement budget is a lot less than Alaska Mining and Diving.

Warranty work is paid by the home office, so any dealer who is authorized to do warranty work would jump at the chance to service your engine, so buy at Ron's and get warranty claims done closer to home.

LuJon,

PM me and tell me what I said was sooo bad, I just stated a few facts. I never used a bad word like "Dirtbag" or anything.

Sasquatch PM Sent with my recent experiences and there is more to the story.

Default Tohatsu

Thanks for the information. It was helpful. I had Honda on the brain pretty badly, but traveling to Soldotna and then looking for a place in this area to get service was a bit much. The place that sells and services them in Anchorage has some real harsh reviews from friends of mine that have dealt with them.

I had a 25 Horse Tohatsu 2-stroke on my Leopard, which was a great engine. So I just bought a 20 Horse Tohatsu 4-stroke to replace it, from Marita Sea & Ski, where I bought the 2-stroke. They were always good to deal with. So it's time to go fishing, and do a little floating. Thanks again for your replies.

PM me for details.
    Last edited by LuJon; 07-14-2009 at 10:36. Reason: negative comments about a buisness

****deleted***********... All Seasons Honda in Homer has all of my future business. I get my service work done in town.
    Last edited by LuJon; 07-14-2009 at 10:37. Reason: negative comments

I don't see this getting any better so I am locking down the thread. The OP has the answer they were looking for.
    Do you permit negative comments about individuals and businesses?
    We do not permit negative comments about individuals, businesses or organizations. If a question is posted about a business, it is best to respond privately. The issue is one of liability for us. These forums are a public service, and we are unwilling to deal with the potential for litigation that could destroy our business. The easiest answer for us is "no negative comments." If you have had a bad experience, simply indicate that you have had experience with the company in question and invite people to contact you privately.