Thread: Nancy Lakes Pike

Cool Nancy Lakes Pike

Stickleback and I went out for a relaxing pike fishing trip and did pretty well..lots of hammerhandles and one decent size fish. Tons of fun and a Super sunny day!!

ONe of my little guys

Sticklebacks big one of hte day

Ak trout--

"I Envy Him And Him Only, That Catches More Fish Than I Do" Izaac Walton 1653
    The question of hunting is not a matter of life or death... it's more important than that

Great looks like a ton of fun. I am sending an out-of-state guest there mid-August. What were you fishing with for those pike?

Nice fish, looks like a fun time!

Default Pike Lures

We were using weedless frogs...which were nailing fish all day fished in the weedbeds and around any cover. Spinnerbaits were doing pretty well along with ol'reliable Mr.Herring under a bobber. I'm sure some mice lures woulda done good as well.

AK trout--

"I Envy Him And Him Only, That Catches More Fish Than I Do" Izaac Walton 1653
    The question of hunting is not a matter of life or death... it's more important than that

Another good producer for those pike, and one that's lots of fun to watch them nail, is a floating Rapala. They'll hit anything, but I've had really good luck with the broken rainbow version.

It really didnt matter what you threw at them. I would recommend using "weedless" lures, you can throw them in the weeds all day (or trees) and retrieve them with no problem. I was using a larger rapala jerk bait, but had a hard time with it not diving to the bottom. (make sure you get a shallow swimmer) The areas we were fishing never really got deeper than 3 ft.

Lots of fun, and easy on the gas expense

-Ben