Thread: Birchwood managment moose hunt bow only

Smile Birchwood managment moose hunt bow only

I drew the birchwood moose hunt bow only, i think the public land is very slim pick'ns. Any know of people that were successfull and where they hunted? any help or advice is well welcomed and appreciated thanks!

I drew the same tag, and have the same questions. I would guess most of the bigger bulls end up in the park. Which is closed to hunting of course. I don't know anyone who has hunted this permit. Good luck and be safe.

Going to fish and game tomarrow for some clairifcation. It says you cant hunt the park, does that mean the beach park Trail ski place? or does it mean the area around the lake? not sure but fish and game should be able to steer me in the right direction.

that permit is pretty much useless. There is a strip of BLM property down @ Birchwood and a little slice near the ski trails - go to the Muni mapping feature and start clickin for ownership - you can hunt any STATE land you find and you will only find about 4 or 5 parcels. The railroad has a bunch of property but they wont let you hunt either.

F/G oughta just get rid of that hunt period

you thought you found the one great "close" hunt noone applies for. Most that draw it never re-apply after finding out the acess issues.

I would split the meat with the landowner 50/50 for land access if anyone is interested. I am a single guy and don't need a whole moose for myself. I have meat packers lined up already and will remove all of the carcass from the property.

Good luck - most land owners have a lot in that area, not acreage. You could alway make your plea in front of the Eklutna Corp Elders and offer them half the meat.