Thread: Fishing in Anchorage

Default Fishing in Anchorage

So my family and I are planning a trip to Anchorage, AK in 2 weeks, (July 23-25). The problem is we usually never catch fish when we go fishing. So i was wondering where the best place to fish in Anchorage would be without going on a boat, and how easy it is to catch Salmon.

Thanks

You could try Ship Creek for silver salmon, which is right in town. Or Bird Creek for pinks and silvers, about twenty minutes down the highway. There will be lots of people either place if the fish are in.

silvers open on lower campbell creek in town on the 25th so maybe youll be too busy/ too late to try that...you want silvers or reds better head north to Jim creek 35- 55 minutes north on the glenn/ old glenn highway or head south to kenai. ship creek may be seeing silvers then but very chancy...you could take your family to hope and fish resurrection creek for dollies, late pinks and the VERY early silver. any of these streams will produce silvers/pinks on salmon roe ( eggs), medium- large spinners such as vibrax and mepps, or spoons such as pixies, krocidiles, or dardevils, or flip and floss with russian river coho flies on the fast water

Quote Originally Posted by Hunt&FishAK View Post
    silvers open on lower campbell creek in town on the 25th so maybe youll be too busy/ too late to try that...you want silvers or reds better head north to Jim creek 35- 55 minutes north on the glenn/ old glenn highway or head south to kenai. ship creek may be seeing silvers then but very chancy...you could take your family to hope and fish resurrection creek for dollies, late pinks and the VERY early silver. any of these streams will produce silvers/pinks on salmon roe ( eggs), medium- large spinners such as vibrax and mepps, or spoons such as pixies, krocidiles, or dardevils, or flip and floss with russian river coho flies on the fast water
    Oh i'll still be there on the 25th. Thanks both of u for the suggestions.