Thread: .32ACP chamber adapters?

Default .32ACP chamber adapters?

I have heard of a guy who makes chamber adapters for 30.06 to .32ACP. Has anyone ever used one and if so, how was it? I'm thinking of taking one along with some .32 when I go on my hunts as a survival backup/option. Are they accurate to 50yds? Do they lead up the barrel?

Any Thoughts?

Thanks!

Mountaintrekker

Default really?

Since the 32acp is larger diameter than the '06, the bullet would probably be distorted, affecting accuracy. At 50 yards, there wouldn't be much energy left on that bullet, usually copper jacketed, by the way. I'd rather have some sort of .22 l.r. for small game. If you had a 30-06, why not carry some .22 cal sabot loads for small game?

http://www.mcace.com/adapters.htm

These don't have ejectors but are fun to mess with. I've use the 45/70 tubes in a 12ga SxS before.The tube/inserts are good quaility

If you use jacketed bullets they certainly won't lead as no exposed lead will touch anything. Although they are a little larger than the 30/06 which is .308, they are only .312. By small game I assume you are talking rabbits,grouse and the like. Although I haven't used that insert, I have one in 22Hornet in 223 and one for 38/357 in 350Rem Mag. Both are alright to 35/40 yards possibly a little further. The 32 will swage down nicely and should shoot ok. Your rifle will easily handle any added pressure from firing the slightly larger bullet.

Nice news... I think I'll give it a go with one of these adapters.
    I think this will be a nice little something to practice with and bring on a couple of hunts I have planned, just in case. It takes up a lot less room than another gun.
    I also think I might load up some .22 sabots... anyone know who still makes these?
    I found a website with some guys from Anchorage making these... http://www.mcace.com/adapters.htm

Thanks for the info and if anyone has any info or experience with these, feel free to chime in.

Regards,

Mountaintrekker

Looks just like the sight I posted for you.

Thats where I got mine. The first one I got in 22H I reamer to 22KH and It split after a few shots. I spoke to him at a gun show and he replaced it with one made from stainless at no charge and it is working fine. I also cut it to 22KH. By the way these don't hit at the same place as the normal round for your rifle. The 22sabots are very destructive on small game.

Doh! Thanks Amigo Will!!!! I guess I had too many websites open and got a bit turned around. I think these are also the same guys who advertise in Backwoodsman Magazine?
    Thanks again!!!

Mountaintrekker