Thread: Seward Halibut Charter recommendation?

Default Seward Halibut Charter recommendation?

I'm looking for a good day charter out of Seward for Halibut sometime in the July 28-30 timeframe. Any great experences folks want to share?

Looking to take my Dad out...Sharks, Salmon don't really interst us...we want butt!

Check this link. It's got good info already assembled for you.

http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...seward+charter

Default Charter info

PM sent.....

Default Seward vs. Deep Creek

Thanks guys. Can anyone tell me why Seward costs so much more than Deep Creek? Are the Seward operators used to Cruise ships full of wealthy types, Vs. Deep Creek is catering to locals? How far out are the Seward operators boating? Homer isn't in the equation as from what I remember it was a 2-3 hour one-way boat ride. Back to Seward Vs. Deep Creek...does fish size have anything to do with it? I'm just trying to make the best choice when I come up to take my Dad fishing. While I lived there 30 years, I lead a very sheltered life running on the Yentna River.
    Mike in Mayberry

A lot of the Seward charters go a couple hours out around the point and into Prince William Sound/Montague Island area, so it's a lot longer haul then a twenty minute jaunt off the beach of Deep Creek. I imagine all that gas plays a role in the pricing, although I don't know if there's a difference in price between a full day of salmon fishing in the bay and a full day of halibut fishing 2-3 hours away....

Basically, if you're going for halibut out of Seward, expect a fairly long ride. They do seem to get consistently large fish out there, though.