Thread: Bird creek tides

Default Bird creek tides

Spending first night in AK at bird creek on July 23rd. (evening arrival pick RV etc.). Will probably get to BC~9:30p.m which is high tide (anchorage table). July 24 tides below. I will be fishing the morning.

Low tide the morning of the 24th is 4:03 a.m. at a 0.5. High tide 9:31 am (anchorage tides)
    Could there be some silvers at this date and how do I work the tide for best chances?
    Thanks
    AZtomer
    Last edited by aztomer; 07-11-2009 at 10:55. Reason: unreadable copy and paste tide chart

Quote Originally Posted by aztomer View Post
    Spending first night in AK at bird creek on July 23rd. (evening arrival pick RV etc.). Will probably get to BC~9:30p.m which is high tide (anchorage table). July 24 tides below. I will be fishing the morning.

Low tide the morning of the 24th is 4:03 a.m. at a 0.5. High tide 9:31 am (anchorage tides)
    Could there be some silvers at this date and how do I work the tide for best chances?
    Thanks
    AZtomer
    I caught silvers last year in the last week of July, but I had to weed through all of the pinks. If you are fishing an hour before hight tide to an hour after, it should help your chances. Although, I have caught many fish in the fast current with a corkie and yarn after the tide has gone out.

Default At the mouth...

If you opt for the mouth of Bird at the incoming tide be sure and shift your feet as you stand. Glacial silt will wash in near that area, and it locks up pretty fast.

Even in the turbidity, I have pulled dime bright silvers out of it with a Pixee...

Rosenberg/Florida
    "Two decades researching and defining fishing opportunities in the Last Frontier!"

Default Someone please post Tides Link

My Daughter and I fished Bird Creek Saturday, July 18.
    Quite a few ppl there, but fishing, weather and everyone was awesome.

I do not know about tides... Can someone who is in the know, please post details of the best way to fish Bird Creek, and possibly a link to a site that shows tides.

Thank you for your help!!! I am sure many will read what you post and use it.
    Thank you.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 4.jpg (95.1 KB, 123 views)

Alaskanlife ever heard of waders?they are a lot warmer

Quote Originally Posted by alaskanlife View Post
    My Daughter and I fished Bird Creek Saturday, July 18.
    Quite a few ppl there, but fishing, weather and everyone was awesome.

I do not know about tides... Can someone who is in the know, please post details of the best way to fish Bird Creek, and possibly a link to a site that shows tides.

Thank you for your help!!! I am sure many will read what you post and use it.
    Thank you.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by elim View Post
    Alaskanlife ever heard of waders?they are a lot warmer
    Hehe...
    We had not planned on fishing... were just out driving around and wanted to take some photos down at Bird Creek... But the fish were jumpin' and I had to get some...

Ever had fishing fever?

Once you go down to the river, see the view, see the blue water, see all the fish jumping right out of the water, see everyone catching those beautiful fish... you are HOOKED...
    Waders or Not...
    I had to get in there and GET ME SOME!

anyone catch any silvers at bird creek yet? dont mind weeding through the pinks

noo its still early. I fish the mouth when i tide goes all the way out. if you fish that blue channel at low tide with roe and a bobber i have limited out many times last year when no one else was catching any silvers. Not yet this year though i tried a couple days ago just some big chum and tons of pinks. the only bad thing about the mouth is that every year it changes now thers so much deep mudd thats theres limited fishing out at the mouth now. thers usually rocky beds to stand on but the waters a little deep now even at the lowest tide. the last week in july untill the second week in august are peak.

I just go with the Anchorage Tide chart. It's close enough I think.
    Finally, Brad Childress is GONE!

Driving past there last night on my way home from Hope, I saw about 20+ people fishing well after High Tide. About 2-1/2 hrs after.

Couldnt seem to be able to edit last post so will add this.

How important is the tide in this creek? Can you fish at Low Tide as well? Was thinking about going tomorrow nite but HT is kinda late so was thinking about going a couple hrs earlier if its worth the effort.
    Any Input?

fished the low tide at bird creek today. tons of pinks. saw a few kings going up. didnt see anyone catch chums or silvers.