Thread: question about overnight trip and fish limits

Default question about overnight trip and fish limits

So im planning an over night trip. I was wondering how or what would i have to do to, keep 4 halibut?

Default I think

Quote Originally Posted by gokorn1 View Post
    So im planning an over night trip. I was wondering how or what would i have to do to, keep 4 halibut?
    I am pretty sure the first day's catch has to be processed and frozen before you can start a fresh posession limit on the second day. Just fillet's in a cooler with ice doesn't count. A freezer in an RV would though.

Our gang of 7 is headed up to fish with Alaska Coastal Marine for an overnight halibut trip on July 23rd. Trip departs at 4:00 PM and you are allowed to keep 2 halibut before midnight. After midnight, you are again allowed to fish and retain 2 more.

The rules are very strict, once you have your first 2 fish, you are not allowed to fish until after midnight. The fish are tagged with various colors of tie wraps to distinguish your fish from others.

This will be our second trip with ACM and if things are like they were last year, we'll take our 3rd trip with them in 2011.

This is our meat haul, 4 30-40 pound fish are great for the freezer. We have several other charters booked in Soldotna and Seward, and will be releasing a lot of fish. Would love to catch a 100 pounder, but would release it.

JWP

Default No problem

I have been checked on a few occasions with 2 limits. They do ask if you have any documentation that helps prove you were actually out for 2 days. One time the receipt from the Boardwalk hotel in Seldovia worked. Another just the transient fee receipt for the Seldovia harbor worked. (we slept on the boat)
    Save your launch receipts and any others that you gather. None of our fish were frozen, just fillets in a cooler.

Live life and love it
    Love life and live it

If you're going to Homer or Seward it's 2 per day/4 in possession.