Thread: Frazer Lake Kodiak Brown Bear hunt question.

Default Frazer Lake Kodiak Brown Bear hunt question.

This question is for you guys who have hunted Frazer Lake on Kodiak for brownies. Would you start looking for bears on the south or north end of the lake to begin the hunt and are there any goats in the area. Thanks for your time and happy hunting.

I think I have done that hunt four times, spring and fall. Mostly work the upper Dog Salmon River below the falls, and up towards O'Malley Lake. Also the North side of the lake. Look everywhere as they can be up in rock cliffs that would scare a Mt. Goat. And no, I have never seen a Goat down there.

Default Either end

The bears are all over the place over there, you should have an awesome hunt. Thats a tough tag to draw!!

We went in the spring. Seen bears all around the lake. We took a Zodiac inflatable with a 15 HP motor. Sure made it easier to get around. Also don't forget the fishing pole,

I have seen goats at Frazer on several occasions, most recently in 2006. They are fairly common on the ridgeline between Frazer lake and Karluk/O'malley Lakes.

I drew DB 242, that's the Frazer Lake spring bear hunt. Any tips or advice on that hunt?

Armyscoutsniper, did you draw a fall or spring tag for Frazer Lake?

Quote Originally Posted by Chisana View Post
    I have seen goats at Frazer on several occasions, most recently in 2006. They are fairly common on the ridgeline between Frazer lake and Karluk/O'malley Lakes.
    I would heed Chisana's post, as the last time I was there was in the mid 80's and there were no Goats then, but must be now. Also there were very few Deer on the south end of the island in the 70's & early 80's. Back then we stayed in the Fish & Game research hotel at the falls.