Thread: Kings River/Ruby Lake Trails

Default Kings River/Ruby Lake Trails

Just got back from riding by the Kings River up to Ruby Lake today. The trail was in great shape all the way up to the lake. Mud holes have pretty much dried up in the past few weeks...lots of visable rocks now! Also made a side trip up above Ruby lake overlooking Youngs Creek.

Excellent trip overall and only one other ATV on trail this morning...didn't have to eat dust clouds all day!!!

How far back is it to Ruby Lake? I went about 5 1/2 miles back from the Glenn tonight and saw a smallish lake. Was that it? Or do we need to go farther?

First time out, so I'm not familiar with it.

You were probably at the pond that most people think is Ruby Lake. The actual Ruby Lake is down below it just out of sight. You can get there by taking the trail to the right at the fork before you get to that pond. (Maybe half a mile prior)

Quote Originally Posted by plexed View Post
    How far back is it to Ruby Lake? I went about 5 1/2 miles back from the Glenn tonight and saw a smallish lake. Was that it? Or do we need to go farther?

First time out, so I'm not familiar with it.
    Here are a couple pics from both ends of the lake. If you saw a smaller pond with a cleared out camping area after a short climb, you turned left about a half mile before Ruby Lake.

Taken from the North End.

Taken from the South End.
    Last edited by MORSNO; 07-12-2009 at 10:40. Reason: Added titles to pics