Thread: i dew another tag

Default i dew another tag

looks like ill be stomping around on ft rich again this year ..i drew dm427!!either sex moose/calf

myself and 2 huning partners drew dm922 south of coldfoot + 2-3 other folks i know.
    RETIRED U.S.A.F. CAPT.; LIFETIME MEMBER NRA; LIFETIME MEMBER ALASKA BOWHUNTER ASSOC.
    MASTER BOWHUNTER EDUCATION INSTRUCTOR; MEMBER UNITED BLOOD TRACKERS; POPE & YOUNG MEASURER

I drew DM788, Fairbanks Management Area anterless moose.

I also drew DM 427.

Default i got the bull tag

dm424...i'm excited...first time hunting on base though.....are area closers and stuff that big of a pain?? going in tomorrow to get some of the paperwork out of the way....
    "early to bed, early to rise, fish like hell, and make up lies"

I drew a dm448 tag, archery only bull moose around Birchwood . Most of the land is private in that area. Anyone had any success bowhunting bulls there? I am will be trying to line up land access, any help appreciated.

Nimrod - See ya there. Didn't know the drive could get any farther, but you guys have got me beat! :-p Any one of those guys Mike Dehlbom? He knows this hunt well.

I had this hunt in '06 and had to pull out early to go to my boy's bootcamp graduation. Very happy to get a second shot at it.

Taylor

-[]------->

Wink

I think Nimrod has met Mike a time or two.

Quote Originally Posted by sharksinthesalsa View Post
    dm424...i'm excited...first time hunting on base though.....are area closers and stuff that big of a pain?? going in tomorrow to get some of the paperwork out of the way....
    All I can tell you is to HOPE they open the south post more this year than they did last year. I hunted north post a lot last year and did not see 1 moose, though I did hear one grunt to my calling but he was on the wrong side of the fence. Saw plenty on south post when it was open.

Default Frustration

I cannot catch a break in this state. I have put in for a minumum of 6 tags in both drawings each year for 3 years now and once again have not drawn a single tag! Its been brutal!
    US Air Force - retired and Wildlife photographer

To follow my photography adventures check out my facebook page

Mark, I believe we met up there a few years ago. i go up 1-3 x / year. seems like only one in recent years. Mike and i work together and many times share camp. we(same 3 guys as this year) went 3 for 4 few years ago (year before permits) mike's dad was only one not to get a moose that trip and he had a chance.
    as far as the drive i'll be further north for 2-3 weeks before chasing moose. and Marv Parks will be there as well and he lives farther south than me.
    I usually camp sw corner of old prospect camp. see you there
    RETIRED U.S.A.F. CAPT.; LIFETIME MEMBER NRA; LIFETIME MEMBER ALASKA BOWHUNTER ASSOC.
    MASTER BOWHUNTER EDUCATION INSTRUCTOR; MEMBER UNITED BLOOD TRACKERS; POPE & YOUNG MEASURER

Nimrod -
    Yep, that was Paul (Archers Den) and I camped at the river. We had a great time, it was just a little too warm for my good. We bailed on the 19th, which must have been just about time for things to cool off and heat up with respect to moose moving.

Will try again this year! And I'll be sure to share a campfire or two.

Taylor

-[]------->

Smile Did you hang FOBs around camp?

I bet the way they knew it was you, is you probably had every color of FOB hanging in the trees, twigs or willows. Can you post that picture to confirm my suspicion?

Talking

Nah, BigDaddy, those were the pre-FOB days of bowhunting for me. It was HORRIBLE! I just couldn't figure out why my life was not "right"... But now...!

Here's one from that hunt. Autographed copies are available for a nominal fee.

Taylor

-[]------->
    Attached Images Attached Images