Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 20a - Winter Draw Delay ?

Default 20a - Winter Draw Delay ?

Would love to know if any you out there put in for a 20a moose during the winter draw and actually drew a tag this spring after all of the issues. I'm sure someone who couldn't read the supplement last winter got my tag when they applied this spring due to the delayed drawing! LOL.......

TT

I applied in the winter and got a moose tag.

I've found at least one friend that has won a tag from their winter draw - mine still say 'deferred' so I'm not sure if I'm out or not...waiting patiently (just not very well!)

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I applied in the winter and got a moose tag.
    Matt - if you go into the details (where you have to put in your driver's license or hunting license #) what does it say under the permit column on your moose tag? (and was it a 20A any bull tag?)

thanks

I just entered my first and last name and it took me to my results. Earlier today, it just showed the goat tag I drew in the winter draw, but now it shows that tag and the DM773 tag that I just got.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

mine and all the kids still say deffered...
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

seems like there is an issue going on specifically with the 20a draws (DM 768 769 etc) so thanks, but we need to find someone that

A) put in during the winter draw and;
    B) failed to draw and;
    C) has something other than 'deferred' when looking at the details page (not the first summary page)

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Hunt Permit Notes DC827 No DI403 No DM687 No DM768 Deferred Party Application
    DM770 Deferred Party Application

like that?
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

I just looked again and mine is 'deferred' as well. Probably a polite way of saying I got the shaft.

where is Greg in ak... he is gonna have fun with this one....

meet on face book here

mine weren't party applications, they just say "deferred" in the permit column - nothing in the notes.

Default did not draw

I put in for DM773 in November/December. It says that I did not draw any of the permits I applied for.

Default deferred?

Would they have deferred this drawing again?

Default Mine says deferred to

DM773 shows as deferred when I enter the permit info and look at the listing of hunts I applied for. Hmmmm... This could be interesting!

One in our group pulled a DM769 tag. No "deferred" notice posted on it.

Draw Hunt Application Results
    You have won a permit for DM769

*edit* however, I looked up my status on the DM769 and it does say "deferred" I wonder if they are contemplating issuing more permits?

DB990 Yes
    DG477 Yes
    DI403 No
    DM716 No
    DM769 Deferred
    DM788 No
    DS102 No
    DS103 No
    DS204 No

I'm starting to think that they might not have updated the "deferred" status from last winter. They still have to update the main page where it says the draw is current through the winter '09 as well.

I drew the 769 and then went to details and it told me I was deferred on 769 and 768...hmmmm. Works well for them to post on friday afternoon and not have to take calls till monday! Not getting excited yet.
    "One Last Cast"

I just went and pulled up the list of winners for the tag (DM 772) it says I won but that is still saying deferred. My name is on the list and there is 300 names which equals the amount of permits they said they were going to issue.

My guess is that the deferred means that the hunt was deferred from the winter draw and that if you won the hunt you will get the permit. Lets hope so.

Quote Originally Posted by akfirefighter View Post
    My guess is that the deferred means that the hunt was deferred from the winter draw and that if you won the hunt you will get the permit. Lets hope so.
    I have to agree with that. My wife and I applied for the same 20A moose permit and I didn't win and she got one that says deferred, which I have to assume is what akfirefighter said above. If everyone that applied instead of everyone that won got a deferrred I'd be more more skeptical on if she actually won a permit or not. But being as I know of a number of people that applied for 20A permits and did not recieve a deferred permit I feel pretty confident that my wife's 20A moose permit will be in the mail soon.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast