Thread: Klutina Red Report

Default Klutina Red Report

Just wondering if anyone has been flippin' for Reds in the last couple of weeks. Headed down to Valdez on Sunday wondering how the fishing will be. I'm sure it wont be hot but maybe we can hook up with a few. Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by helmuth View Post
    Just wondering if anyone has been flippin' for Reds in the last couple of weeks. Headed down to Valdez on Sunday wondering how the fishing will be. I'm sure it wont be hot but maybe we can hook up with a few. Thanks in advance.
    I was down there last weekend and it was pretty slow. We brought home 8 reds between the 2 of us....I didn't see many people catching some and with all the hot weather lately, I'm sure the water levels have risen since then. Good Luck to yeah...

Fish On!
    You know your not catching any fish when you start talking about the weather...

http://www.alaskansalmonslayers.com/

What is the limit on Reds on the Klutina? Is it still 3 per day 3 in possesion?

I would call the campground down there and ask how the fishing is. I called a couple of days ago and the report I got was: Water is high and the fishing is SLOOOOW.

Was there last weekend. Fishing was decent. All of us came home with our limit. It was 3 per day and 6 in possession. A few of us also hooked into some Kings but didn't land any. I would take the advice and call one of the campgrounds before you go though.

Default not 3 in possesion

You should really read the regs a little better. The klutina is 3 per day and 3 in possesion, not 6. I would edit your post so you are not putting out false information. Oh, and yes the river is getting quite high with the recent high temps and the fishing has slowed.

just a little fyi

cheers,
    salmonman
    Last edited by salmonmanak; 07-10-2009 at 20:24. Reason: adding info

Default Am I getting this

So, you each had "4" in possession?

Quote Originally Posted by bigcox View Post
    I was down there last weekend and it was pretty slow. We brought home 8 reds between the 2 of us....I didn't see many people catching some and with all the hot weather lately, I'm sure the water levels have risen since then. Good Luck to yeah...

Fish On!

you can still come home with more then one days limit...it's called a freezer! I stayed at king for a day, brought my vacuum sealer, each day caught my three, cut them up and froze them, by the next day we were back on the water again!

So before you cruixify a guy (which I know how easy it can be done on sites like this), chill out....

Quote Originally Posted by FishnMan View Post
    So, you each had "4" in possession?

Watch out, theres a new sheriff in town....

Campgrounds do have freezers....

Lightbulb

it's funny....when we called and asked mind you it was before I started guiding, they were open to the idear..we showed up and had no problems whatso ever using their freezer for a few days. I cant vouch for this person or what the campgrounds policys are today...but we've been there done that perfectly legally!

Just saying, gotta love people jumping on peoples shorts, it can be done legally! that is having more then one days possession on a river, even in a campground!!!

On a side note, saw a dude with a slide in camper on a sled trailer, a freezer up underneath it in an enclosed (obviously home made job), area with a generator and storage..made for a cheap motor home and still allowed you to catch more then one days possession limit! It's amazing what you can do if you think of it!

but I will add, I also understand that most people cant get out of their soap box and coolers to figure it out on their own. I'm not vouching for anyone past myself or those I fish with (which is very few for this very reason!), other then to back off...it gets old guys! It can be done legally is the point I'm trying to make!!!

Default Back to the tread

Any new reports? Thanks Hillbilly

Talking wow

Don't get your panties in a bunch, I just asked a question.. If you notice, the post did not say he fished two days! Nor did it say he preserved any fish. I know the regs, "possession limit means the maximum number of unpreserved fish a person may have in possession".so don't patronize me either... Talk about a soap box...geeez

Quote Originally Posted by TradBow View Post
    it's funny....when we called and asked mind you it was before I started guiding, they were open to the idear..we showed up and had no problems whatso ever using their freezer for a few days. I cant vouch for this person or what the campgrounds policys are today...but we've been there done that perfectly legally!

Just saying, gotta love people jumping on peoples shorts, it can be done legally! that is having more then one days possession on a river, even in a campground!!!

On a side note, saw a dude with a slide in camper on a sled trailer, a freezer up underneath it in an enclosed (obviously home made job), area with a generator and storage..made for a cheap motor home and still allowed you to catch more then one days possession limit! It's amazing what you can do if you think of it!

but I will add, I also understand that most people cant get out of their soap box and coolers to figure it out on their own. I'm not vouching for anyone past myself or those I fish with (which is very few for this very reason!), other then to back off...it gets old guys! It can be done legally is the point I'm trying to make!!!

Quote Originally Posted by FishnMan View Post
    Don't get your panties in a bunch, I just asked a question.. If you notice, the post did not say he fished two days! Nor did it say he preserved any fish. I know the regs, "possession limit means the maximum number of unpreserved fish a person may have in possession".so don't patronize me either... Talk about a soap box...geeez
    Oh Please....we all know where you were trying to go with you original question...Tradbow was just trying to share a story of how he has seen somebody catch three fish PER day and still be legal to fish. Most people fish Friday to Sunday, three days...I usually only keep the three in possesion on Sunday, when I drive home. I know, you were just trying to make sure I was following the regs, thanks!

Fish On!

Default Thanks

Thanks.. I know you are legit...that was my point exactly...because the previous poster in the thread said the possession limit was 6! Thanks for not taking it the wrong way..

Quote Originally Posted by bigcox View Post
    Oh Please....we all know where you were trying to go with you original question...Tradbow was just trying to share a story of how he has seen somebody catch three fish PER day and still be legal to fish. Most people fish Friday to Sunday, three days...I usually only keep the three in possesion on Sunday, when I drive home. I know, you were just trying to make sure I was following the regs, thanks!

Fish On!